chapter 10

2 months later

ALEXIS

“Austin stop it!” I shouted as he continuously threw grapes at my head.

“NEVER!” he yelled.  I went to the pantry in his kitchen and grabbed a handful of flour. I snuck up behind him and tapped his shoulder. When he turned around I threw the flour in his face.

“Oh you’re gonna pay for that.” He said.

“Oh really? How are you gonna get me back?”

“You’ll see.” He smiled.

“What does that mean?”

“All in good time. All in good time.”

“Austin!” I whined.

“What?”

“Nothing.” I sighed knowing I had been defeated.

“Good.” His phone beeped, indicating that he had a text message. “Hey its our manager. He wants us at the studio tomorrow at 5 in the morning. We are shooting the music video for Next to You.”

“Okay sounds good.”

“Hey you know what I just realized?”

“That I’m a better prankster than you?” I guessed.

“Haha funny.” He said sarcastically. “But no.”

“Then what is it?” I asked.

“We never went on our coffee date.”

“I thought that was what lunch was.”

“Nope. That was just a kind gesture. We were supposed to catch up over coffee.” He said.

“Do we still have too?” I asked.

“Yes. You said you would.”

“Fine let me get dressed and I’ll meet you out here.” I said. I walked to the guest room where I was staying. I put on a pink skin tight skirt that came above the waist and down to mid-thigh. A black shirt tucked into the skirt. Purple and black ankle boot heels (also known as my heel obsession.) fish nets and a black leather jacket. (http://www.polyvore.com/alexis_coffee_outfit/set?id=60315150)

_____________________________

“So how have you been?” Austin asked after we sat down with our coffee. Luckily it was practically because there was work and school.

“Really?” I asked.

“What?”

“You’re asking me how I’ve been?”

“Yeah.”

“We’ve been hanging out well actually practically been living together for two months now since we sold our house.”

“Okay fair enough. Um how was it after I left?”

“Well it was pretty hard at first but then Alex and I became really close so that made it easier.”

“That’s good.” He said.

“School was rough though. Not having at least one person I was close to in every class was hard.”

“I bet. Speaking of Alex, what exactly happened between you two?” he asked. I panicked. How had he found out about our summer fling?

“Um we were both just lonely and needed someone so we started hanging out.”

“So you just became friends?”

“Ye-yeah.” I said. Thank god.

“That’s cool.”

“What about you?”

“What about me?” he asked.

“Did you make any friends while you were away?”

“Um not really. I mean other than hanging with Dave it was kinda boring at times.”

“Oh. I’m sorry.” Was all I could think of.

“Its okay. I kept in touch with people.”

“I know.”

“How?”

“I was with Alex a few times when you were skyping or on the phone.” I said.

“Why didn’t you ever say hi?”

“Hey I’m getting kind of hungry. Do you wanna grab a bite to eat somewhere?” I asked.

“Sure.” He said. I could tell that he was upset that I didn’t say hi and that I didn’t tell him the reason. He should know though. We drove to red robin and thankfully, it wasn’t that full. After we got our drinks and ordered our food it was quiet.

“Alexis?”

“Yeah?”

“Why didn’t you answer my question earlier?”

“Austin don’t ruin it. I thought we were past with this.”

“I know but-“

“Can we please just forget about it?”

“I guess.”

“Thank you.” I said. We spent the rest of dinner talking about the most random things. We got home around 8 so we decided to watch a movie. We decided to watch the horror movie Insidious. I’d seen it only once in theaters with Austin. I remember how freaked out I got. I hid behind Austin for practically half the movie. Usually I don’t get scared by horror movies unless they are really gory or have clowns. One of the scary parts that I hadn’t seen the first time came and I ended up screaming and jumping into his lap. He looked down at me and smiled.

“Scared much?”

“No. I just didn’t see that part the first time.”

“I remember. You hid behind me the whole time.” He chuckled.

“Not the whole time.”

“Okay. Whatever you say.” I got out of his lap and stayed there for the rest of the movie.

“Well I’m gonna go to bed. We have to wake up early. Its gonna be a long day tomorrow.” I said once the movie ended.

“Okay goodnight.”

“Night.” We hugged before walking to our rooms. I laid awake for an hour before falling asleep. How is it that this guy broke my heart could make me fall for him all over again? I couldn’t give in though. Of course I had forgiven him, but I couldn’t date him again. No matter how badly I wanted to. I probably would let myself had I not dated Alex. But I couldn’t. it wouldn’t be right. But he was just so perfect. And though I never told anyone, I never stopped loving him. I wanted him so badly. Maybe getting back together wouldn’t be so bad. No wait stop. Don’t think like that. This is gonna be a long 18 months. What with all the concerts, interviews, all the time on the tour bus, all the duets, and all the time in the recording studio. Not in that order of course. We had to record the songs first. Then everything else…

AUSTIN

After changing and getting in bed I couldn’t get Alexis off my mind. Despite how much she had changed. She was still beautiful. Last month she changed her hair. It still looked good though. And the way she dressed. Surprisingly she had actually pulled it off. I’m so glad she forgave me for what I did. I’m really looking forward to tour. I’d never say it out loud, but I always loved her. I still do. I hope something happens between us. The connection was still there. What I still didn’t understand was why she never said hi whenever she was there when I was talking to Alex. Now that I thought about it, his hair was messy sometimes. And sometimes he wasn’t wearing a shirt. I figured it was because he was either lazy or had just woken up. Maybe they were closer than I thought. No that’s not possible. Alex would never do that to me. Whatever. It doesn’t matter. I shook my head at the ridiculous thought and fell asleep.

____________

(authors note: sorry its so short. i always think its longer because thats how it shows up on tumblr.... so yeah. they get longer though so no worries :) )