chapter 12

this chapter is "dedicated" to flowermahone. i dont normally do this but because she was my first commenter on this story, im going to. seeing a comment on this story made me so happy because i love this story and i was relieved to find out i had readers who enjoyed it! sooo ya :)

_____________________________

(AUSTIN)

I stared at the ceiling for what seemed like forever. I had the same feeling I did right after I broke up with her. It was true that she was the one who messed up but I didn’t have to so harsh about it. I still loved her. But I didn’t think I could ever forgive her. Or Alex. I took out my phone to call him but then set it on my dresser when I remembered he would be at the studio tomorrow. I’ll just talk to him then. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

(ALEXS)

“Please don’t do this.” I said. I could feel tears streaming down my face. I didn’t want it to end. Not like this. Not when things had finally gotten better after so long.

“I’m not doing anything. It’s you who messed up.” He said harshly. He turned away and walked to his room. I was in too much shock to do anything so I didn’t follow him. Instead I just stood there and watched him slam his door. I leaned against the wall and eventually slid down. I brought my knees to my chest and cried into them. I cried for a while until I felt my eyes get heavy. I tried to stand up but my knees gave out and I fell to the floor; quickly falling asleep.

-Next morning-

I heard my alarm go off at 6 AM so I rolled over to turn it off. I sat up and stretched and looked around the room. Wait… how did I get into my bed? I distinctly remember me falling asleep on the floor in the hallway. Oh well, I must have walked in my sleep. I got out of bed and changed into jeans, a black baggy sweater, and blue uggs. After putting my hair in a bun and applying a little make up walked out to the kitchen to get some breakfast since we had to leave at 7. When I got out there I saw Austin sitting at the table eating left over pizza. He glanced up at me but didn’t make eye contact. When he saw me look at him he looked back down at his pizza and continued to eat it. I walked passed him and into the kitchen. After I poured myself some cereal I sat down next to him at the table.

“Morning.” I said hoping he’d reply.

“Hi.” he said quietly. We continued to eat in silence for a while until he spoke up again.

“How’d you sleep?” he asked.

“Pretty good. Though I fell asleep in the hallway and woke up in my bed. I guess I just walked in my sleep.”

“No you didn’t.”

“What?”

“You didn’t walk in your sleep.” He said.

“What do you mean? How else did I get from the floor to my bed?”

“I carried you at about 1 in the morning. I got up to go to the bathroom and saw you laying there so I carried you to your bed.”

“Austin you didn’t have to do that.”

“I know.”

“Thank you.” I said softly.

“It’s no big deal.” He said. He got up and walked over to put his plate into the sink. I saw him walk off to the bathroom, mumbling to himself. I sighed and quickly finished my breakfast. When he came back out I went in and brushed my teeth. By then it was time to go so I grabbed my pursed and followed Austin out to his car. The entire ride was silent; neither of us spoke a word.

_____

“Okay so both of you have two new songs is that correct?” our manager asked. We both nodded and he clapped his hands together. “Wonderful. Who would like to go first?”