chapter 16

(Alexis)

After I slammed the door shut I threw my stuff across the room and ran over to the bed. I laid on it, shoved my face in the pillow and cried for who knows how long. After a while I sat up and walked to the bathroom and washed my face. When I looked in the mirror, I didn’t see myself. I saw the girl I used to be. And no, I’m not talking about the girl with the crazy hair. I’m still her. I’m talking about the girl that was secretly in love with her best friend but was too scared to tell him. I remember asking him for advice on what I should and he made it perfectly obvious that he didn’t feel the same. I got home and felt even worse about myself.

I remember as soon as he walked off I ran to my bathroom and slammed the door. I looked in the mirror and saw the horror that was me. The acne that I had on my forehead seemed like pepperoni on pizza. Not to mention the fact that I had chubby cheeks, thick eyebrows, weird body figure, a crooked smile and a weird nose. I hated the way I looked. That’s why he doesn’t like me. Maybe if I looked like Jennifer Anniston or Mila Kunis or even Taylor Swift. Then maybe he would want me. There was no point in trying to win him over. He’d never go for me. Oh well, he deserves someone better.

I laughed as I remembered that thought. But then I looked in the mirror and saw that same ugly girl looking back at me. I rinsed my face once more and then left the bathroom. I pulled out my lap top to finish my movie but before I could I heard a familiar sound coming from the other side of the door. I opened it and heard Austin singing an unfamiliar song. Maybe it was new. I listened carefully to see if I could make out the words.

“I guess I made the wrong mistakes

 I understand if you need your space

Please take your time

Before you go away

So far awayYou need to realize

Baby, it's not just you

You know it hurts me too

Watching you leave

With tears on your sleeve

Dont you notice that mine aren't exactly dry

Baby, it's not just you

That's hurting

It's me too.” (NOTE: I thought this song fit really well. I wanted to use it earlier but it fit better here. I think so at least. Anyways. Yeah okay keep reading!)

I started to go out there but then I remembered why I was in the room in the first place. I quickly shut the door and sat on the bed. I fought back the constant urge to go out there, wrap my arms around him and kiss him and tell him that all was forgotten. I couldn’t though. If I did then he would only end up hurting me again. He would apologize and I would forgive him and the cycle would repeat all over again. He wasn’t really sorry. I used to believe him. Not anymore.

---about 2 hours later---

I set my guitar and notebook down after I finished the song. A few seconds later I heard a faint tapping on the door.

“Come in.” I said. I saw Austin walk through the door with his hands in his pockets.

“Um we stopped to grab something to eat. We have a while before we get to the hotel.” He said quietly.

“Oh thanks.” I said. I stood up and grabbed my phone. I looked around the room for my purse and after finally finding it, we both walked into the mcdonalds. As I suspected, we were mobbed by fans. Mostly Austin fans though. a few came up to me which caught me off guard.

“Are you Austin’s girlfriend still?” the tall blonde one asked.

“Um no, we broke up over a year ago. We’re just friends.” I said.