chapter 22

“Hey mom! How was your trip?” I asked when my mom and Michele walked through the door.

“It was very relaxing! How was yours? Where’s Austin?”

“Ours’ was good. I think he is in the restroom.” I said looking down the hallway.

“That’s good! Well I don’t know about you or Austin but Michele and I are starving. What do you guys say? you up for ordering pizza?”

“I am always up for pizza.” I heard a voice say from behind me. The answer was followed by a chuckle. I turned to look at him and saw him already smiling at me.

“So seriously, what did you guys do on the bus the whole time?” Michele asked. “Please tell me you didn’t spend the whole time arguing.”

“No we actually had fun.” Austin smiled.

“I’m glad to hear that.” She smiled back.

“What did the two of you do when you got back? what’d you do today before we got home?” my mother asked.

I saw Austin look over at me, a smile crept onto his face and I felt my cheeks get red.

“Oh we played wii.” Austin replied before I could say anything stupid.

“Yeah that’s right.” I nodded in agreement. I was about to take another bite of pizza when I felt Austin’s hand on my thigh, his thumb rubbing circles on it, and his foot rubbing against mine, trying to get me to play footsie. I chuckled and looked over at him, only to see him fully engaged in a conversation with our moms. I rested my hand on his and saw him smile and quickly glance at me.

“I’m ready for desert. Anybody else want some ice cream?” I asked as I got up from the table.

“I would love some!” Michele said.

“Oh me too please.” My mom added.

“Okay I’ll get you some. Austin come help me.”

“Oh sure. Boss me around. Its never ‘Austin will you please help me?’ its always ‘Austin do this Austin do that’. You know I would like to be asked once in a while.” He said sarcastically.

“Okay fine. Austin will you please come help me?” I said sweetly in a sarcastic way.

“No.” he shook his head.

“Fine. I guess we wont be finishing our game of wii then.” I said. I shrugged my shoulders and turned on my heel and made my way to the kitchen. I chuckled when I heard his chair fall over from how quickly he stood up. He caught up to me in a matter of seconds and once we were around the corner he grabbed my waist and pushed me against a wall. It wasn’t as violent as it sounds. Before I could stop him or say anything he crashed his lips against mine. He pulled away after a few seconds but he rested his forehead on mine.

“You think you can get away with saying something like that?” he whispered.

“No, I just knew that saying that would make you get up.”

“Oh that is just cruel”

“Oh so now I’m cruel?”

“Yes. Yes you are.” He nodded.

“Oh, well then I don’t feel bad about not wanting to do anything tonight.” I said grabbing the ice cream from the freezer. “grab the bowls.”

“What? We aren’t gonna do anything?”

“No. because cruel people don’t do things for other people” I said.

“Oh so making out is for my benefit?” he asked.