Falling For Him

Mew had been exceptionally kind and attentive to Gulf for last few days. Gulf couldn't understand whether it was pity or love. He was skeptical where love was concerned. He wasn't the one to settle down and he didn't think Mew would like to be his fling.

"What are you thinking? " Mew asked while he was doing his assignment.

"Oh nothing. Just wondering why are you so nice to me? "

When Mew didn't reply, Gulf ventured ahead, "I mean you kinda dislikes me before all this so are you being friendly to me because of pity? "

"Do I look like a guy who is nice to someone just because he pities them?"

"Now that you've put it like that, no you don't seem like you are kind to anyone for that matter."

Mew raised an eyebrow at Gulf, "Are you insulting me? "

"Of course not, I just was trying to say that you seem intimidating."

Mew scoffed at that, " You didn't seem so intimidated when you were kissing me."

Gulf sputtered while blushing, "Don't lie, you were the one who kissed me. "

"You weren't pushing me away either."

"I was too stunned to react."

"But not stunned enough to be pulling me closer. "

"Shut up. Now that we are on the topic why did you kiss me that day? I have been meaning to ask you that."

"You were talking too much."

"That's ridiculous reason."

"Get your stuff we are going somewhere."

"Where? "

"Hmmmmn."

"Mew, tell me. "

They got in Mew's car and he drove off. Gulf was quite excited as to where Mew was taking him. They had started meeting outside the college recently and it's always fun to be with Mew.

Mew stopped the car in front of book cafe, "Ink World". It was a quaint book cafe with wide range of books that were for sale and rent along with delicious selection of snacks and drinks to go with it.

Gulf was stunned because he didn't expect Mew to know about his love for books.

" How did you know? "

"Gulf you always have a paperback in your bag and your room in practically drowning in books. I would be stupid to not notice. "

"Look Mew they are having special event, " Blind date with a book."

"Yeah, that's why I've brought you here. "

Gulf was so excited he didn't realize that he had hugged Mew. Mew was trying to calm down his heart.

The interior was as beautiful as the exterior of the cafe. They had fun picking out a book and sipping coffee while both of them chatted.

After a month, Gulf had completely fallen for Mew. He couldn't get him out of his head and it didn't help that Mew was always so kind and caring towards him. Gulf tried to date other people like he did before but he didn't find anyone interesting. All his interest was in Mew. He told Tine about this and he was visibly shocked.

"Are you serious? Like really? "

"Of course Tine. Is it that unbelievable? "

"Definitely, it's you we are talking about."

"Mew is different from anyone I have ever met. That guy is something else. He makes me crave him like crazy."

"So did you confess? "

"Not yet but I'm planning to soon.
I'm going to propose him to be my boyfriend."

"Does he like you? "

"Of course he does. If he didn't he wouldn't do all that for me."

"Maybe it's just friendly feelings to him."

"No, Tine. I have seen the way Mew looks at me. He likes me too. We are almost always together. And he is gay so who would be better boyfriend material than me."

"I doubt that. Don't do extravagant proposal. First try to know his feelings. "

"I'll make to so bright and shiny. He will fall for me head over heels. "

"You can't be helped."

Next day Gulf made all preparations to make his confession. He asked Tine for help. Mew had no lectures for that day so Gulf asked him to meet him at their usual meeting spot, "Flavors Restaurant".

He had booked the entire place for this. Mew arrived shortly after 3 pm and sat at the back.

"Gulf, where are you? " Mew called Gulf while he was waiting.

"I'll be there soon."

Gulf came inside carrying a flower bouquet and Tine was behind him playing guitar. Mew was shocked at this. He wasn't sure what was going on. He had an inkling where this was going and it made him uncomfortable.

"Gulf, what's all this? "

"Mew Suppasit, I have fallen for you. It wasn't love at first sight because honestly I kinda hated you at the beginning but as we spent time together I realized you are kind and warm. To me you are just like something calm. "

"Gulf, I don't th-"

"I know you are worried about my playboy ways but don't worry I have stopped all that. From now on you are the only one for me. I'll have eyes only for you. I won't dare to hurt you ever. To me your happiness would be of utmost importance. I know you like me too so-"

"No."

"What? "

"I don't like you. I'm interested in you at all. I was just being kind to you I didn't know you'll give it a meaning."

"Mew but-"

"Gulf, don't be a nuisance. I don't want to indulge with you in a relationship. I never saw you that way."

"But you were always so caring. I know it must be all of sudden. If you need time to think then I'm fine with it."

"Gulf, I don't want to cruel to you but the bottom line is that I don't like you at all. Don't push your feelings on me. I don't want to give you false hope. I'll never reciprocate your love so please don't expect anything."

Mew got up and left without waiting for any reply. It was just a tiresome ordeal to him. He didn't want to get involved with Gulf. When he helped him, it wasn't really his intention to get involved like this. His care was just like of a friend.

He liked Gulf's presence but love? Not at all. Mew refused to fall for him even if he wanted to. Nothing good will ever come out of it. Gulf Kanawut was off-limits to him.