f i f t e e n

✿

E s m é r a l d a    A l b y

"My Prince Aedric!"

A shrill cry was all I heard before my mind stopped processing my surroundings as a foreign voice invaded my very soul.

"Prince Aedric has been severely injured in an ambush."

Prince Aedric has been severely injured in an ambush.

Prince Aedric, severely injured in an ambush.

Prince Aedric severely injured.

Severely injured.

My Eirik.

Ambushed.

A breath rose up my thoat like I'd been drowned for too long, acting as a thread that kept me binded to reality. My feet dashed across the room, away from the depthless abyss I was threatening to fall into.

A grip on my elbow, pushed me away from the way that would take me to him. I stumbled back, not even cognizant enough to regain my footing. I felt someone hold me, save my fall but my hollow eyes were on the woman who dared to constrain me from reaching him.

My Aedric.

"Stay right here, Miss Louth," from her thin finger upheld in a warning to her scowl, nothing could intimidate me. "A farce isn't being played downstairs for your entertainment. The situation must already be overwhelming, no need to weigh it down more. Stay here and tell other ladies' maids to stay here as well."

Flames filling the void of my eyes, I only stared at her till her finger crumbled down and mine raised. "You no longer order me."

I slipped past her, a step closer to the man I knew I was going to love for the rest of my life, despite if I be with him or not. But a painful hold restricted me by my forearm once again, Mrs. Pearson glowering furious than ever.

"I do order you. You still work under me on paper," corrected she. "And I order you to stay."

"Fuck yourself. Fuck your orders," I threw her hand off and cheetah-bolted like me and Eirik had from that pissed woman the day I first saw Duchess Celeste. And just like then, I ignored her shouts until the corridors around me blurred and even the foggy echo of her voice faded from existence by the time I'd found my way to the main entrance hall.

The crowd was overwhelming like Mrs. Pearson had said, a thick wall of backs allowing me glimpses of butts and more backs but never him, never Prince Aedric.

"How fucking long it takes to bring a stretcher?" The frenzied voice was familiar but recognition felt like focusing on a meow amongst roars. "Where's Keiser? I sent for him five minutes ago! Is he not fucking ready for an emergency?"