chapter 9| overworking

~Han's pov~

"What do you mean you haven't seen her all day? Aren't you her childhood best friend?!" I asked Chan.

"Well I am, but Y/N has this tendency of disappearing." Chan laughed

I sighed and slouched in defeat. Apparently no one has seen Y/N since last night. I wanted to give her my present but I couldn't find her.

"Check the practice room." Minho said coming from around the corner.

"I ALMOST FORGOT TO CHECK THE PRACTICE ROOM! THANKS MINHO!" I said as I hurriedly ran out of the dorms.

When I got to the dance room, he was right! Y/N was there! She looked really tired, but she was still dancing. I walked over to the speaker and turned off the song. Y/N looked over at me and sighed.

"Han, what are you doing here?" She asked sitting on the floor.

"I could be asking you the same question."

"I'm practicing for the BTS concert. So, why are you here?"

"I came here to give you this." I said sitting down next to her.

She gave me a confused looked when I reached in my back pocket. I pulled out a lock it and opened it. She gasped at the picture.

"I-is that-"

I just nodded and put it around her neck. She was on the verge of tears.

"H-how did you get this?"

"I asked Chan for it. Surprisingly he still had it."

She looked at the picture again. It was an old photo of young Y/N and Chan before she met her trashy es boyfriend. When times were nice for her...

"Thanks Hannie, I really appreciate it." She sniffled, giving me a hug.

I hugged back obviously. After awhile, we let go of each other.

"So what dance are you practicing?"

"Blood sweat and tears. The choreography is kinda hard..."

"Is it ok if I dance with you?"

"Sure, but I warn you. It's tiring." Y/N laughed.

I smiled and got up. I walked over to the speaker and played blood sweat and tears.

~Hyunjin's pov~

I went into the kitchen and got a body of water from the fridge. Jeongin walked in behind me, leaning against a counter.

"So, you and Y/N?" He laughed.

I groaned at his teasing. I oped my water and took a sip of water.

"Whoever took that picture of us is stupid..." I grumble

"You do know that it was a STAY?"

"Any STAY would know that me and Y/N hate each other."

"And most STAYs think you two should be together."

I shutter at the thought.

"I'm starting to think that you're an anti-STAY." I laughed leaving the kitchen.

"I'm being serious. You've been acting differently ever since she came back."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Worrying about her health, helping her with the interview, staying up all night with her, dancing together, helping her when she was going through trauma, and protecting her from that old lady." He said listing out almost everything

He was right. I have been acting differently. I groaned and put my water bottle on the counter next to him.

"And Felix-Hyung told me that you wanted to reunite your friendship with her." Jeongin teased once again

I cursed under my breath.

"Just admit you don't hate her no more. No one here is judging you. We all want you to become friends again."

"Well that's not going to happen. She hates me and I hate her. There's nothing more to it." I said leaving the kitchen.

It's true that I still wanted to be friends with her it's just that I don't want to embarrass myself. We've been friends ever since we joined JYP. But after the whole "incident" we started drifting apart. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to talk to me right now...

*Flashback*

"Where are you going?" I asked watching Y/N walking towards the front door.

"I'm going to the dance studio."

"It's four in the morning."

"And you're still awake."

"I just wanted a snack." I laughed rolling my eyes.

She also laughed, holding onto her dance bag. I left the kitchen and walked towards her.

"Just don't overwork yourself, okay?"

"Why do you care?"

"I already told you that I want out friendship back."

"Do you? Or do you just want the members to leave you alone about it?" Y/N asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Before I could answer she cut me off.

"Leave me alone until I get back, ok?"

And after that she left.

*End of flashback*

I sighed thinking of what happened this morning. Maybe I should go visit her in the practice room. She probably doesn't want me there but I wanted to go check up on her. I went to my dorm room and got dressed. After I got done, I went to the practice room. When I opened the door I saw Y/N and Han sitting on the floor... laughing and joking around. We used to do that. Y/N looked over in my direction and her smile went away.

"I thought I told you to leave me alone." She said annoyed

"I just wanted to check up on you." I said, fully walking into the room "Why is Han here?"

"I wanted to give Y/N that gift I was talking about." Han said smiling shyly

I looked over at Y/N and saw the necklace that was around her neck.

"Oh..."

"I think it was a sweet idea!" Y/N said, putting an arm on Han's shoulder.

"Y-yeah...I'm going to go." I said and left the room quickly.

As soon as I left the room, I scoffed. What makes him so special? Last time I checked, when I gave her a present, she loved it! More than that necklace Han gave her.

I sighed and looking at the bracelet on my arm. It was a friendship bracelet that Y/N made me along time ago. I made one for her as well. I decided to go back to the dorms.

"Hey Hyunjin! Where did you go?" Changbin asked me as I walked in the door.

"I just went on a walk." I said not looking at him.

"Alright then."

I walked to my shared dorm room and sat on my bed.

Why did I feel that way?