20- day before

The days had gone by, and it was the day before the war was going to happen. Wilbur was in his room again, and everyone else was training outside which left me alone preparing for the battle. I prepared potions for the coming day, mostly just healing potions with a few poison potions or harming potions.

My focus was disturbed by the door opening, followed by the clinking of swords and armor and the talking of teens. Sure enough, Tommy and Tubbo came stumbling in with the others following behind.

Tubbo flopped onto a blanket that had been laid out on the ground—followed by Tommy, who sat down next to him.

"What are you making (Y/N)?" Techno's monotone voice spoke through the other noises of the cave.

"Oh, I'm making some healing potions for tomorrow. There's also some harming and poison, but those are over there," I said, nodding towards a basket full of the harmful potions.

Techno just nodded in response before walking off to his farm.

"You all seem tired," I laughed at two teens sprawled out on the floor, "Want me to make you guys some dinner?"

There was a slight murmur of agreement as I went to the kitchen to start cooking.

We didn't have much choice in what we could eat, but we had some steaks stored away, and I figured it was a good enough time to have them.

Once I finished cooking the steaks with some carrots and potatoes, I took them out to the table. Tommy and Tubbo both let out gasps of excitement together as I came to the table with the plate of steaks.

"(Y/N) made steaks!" Tommy shouted through the ravine calling the rest back to the table. The others all staggered in, taking their seats at the table and starting to eat.

We sat around the table, laughing together and telling stories all night. If you didn't know better, you would think we were about to fight a war to win our country back. We were almost normal.

The only person not involved was Wilbur, who took a plate to his room. I knew he was stressed, scared. He was about to fight another war for his country. It would only be a day now till we would fight. With Dream switching sides, we took a huge toll, but not big enough to change our minds on winning.

The day of the war had come.

We had not gotten much gear, but we had some diamond gear evenly distributed. As we were getting ready, Techno came in, calling all of our attention.

"I've been working on something; follow me."

We followed Techno through the woods to an underground base that looked far too similar to another underground bunker we were told would have gear.

"Techno, what do you have for us? Just tell us," Tommy said as we came to a dead-end in the hall, it wasn't looking good for us as Techno walked over to a lever placing a hand on it.

Techno smirked as he pulled the lever down, and the wall opened.

"I'm ready for the revolution!" Techno let out a loud laugh as we sat in amazement at what was behind the door—netherite armor for all of us, chests on chests of swords, bows, and even food. Tommy was the first to run in quickly, followed by Tubbo and the rest leaving Techno and me behind.

"Come on, I have a special set for you," Techno took my hand, leading me into the room to one of the armor stands clad in shining netherite armor. "I know you aren't the best at fighting, so I made you a set of armor so that you would be protected on the field." As he said that, I noticed the small engraving of encampments along with the armor.

"You can read the enchantment language?" I was astonished.

"I've been around for a while, and I had a friend who has been around longer."

"Thank you, Techno," I took him into an enormous hug as he stiffened, "what, you've been around long enough to know enchantment language, but you don't know about hugs?" I laughed, letting him go.

"No, it's just," He turned away, "it's a rare occasion for me to be hugged."

Once we all had geared up, fully armored in the netherite, along with swords and axes to match, we set out. We were going to get our country back.

(word count: 744)