10- leaving

I woke up to a banging on the door. Rolling over I saw an empty cot where Tubbo once slept. I let out a sigh before the banging returned.

I grumbled rolling out of the cot and to my feet making my way to the door.

I opened the door to see the horned man, dressed in his suit but his tie had been loosened and he held a metal flask in hand. I could smell the alcohol coming from his breath and the flask.

"Shlatt," I said, "it's 8:00 in the morning, why are you drinking?"

"Because I wanted to," he grumbled at me, "now to the reason I came."

I tensed, there was no reason for him to be here other than what happened last night with Fundy and Quackity. I trusted Fundy not to tell, but Quackity was a different story.

"I heard you went out yesterday."

"That would be correct," I said, " it was rather plesant"

"Well I'm glad you got to have a nice wall,"  he paused to take a drink, "you wouldn't happen to see anyone on that walk, would you."

"I simply walked around the SMP lands, I saw many people as that is a large kingdom."

Shlatt let out an airy laugh, "Well I was talking with Dream yesterday and neither of us saw you over there," I was starting to panic, "in fact the people at the border didn't see you come through."

I couldn't come up with something fast enough before he spoke again.

"(Y/N) I'd be careful lying to me," he sighed, "Now where were you yesterday."

"Like I said, I was walking in the SMP lands," I said sternly, "I took a secret root from the L'Manberg war, and you must have just not seen me."

Shlatt sighed before he turned, allowing me to see the two standing behind him. Fundy stood staring at the ground to avoid looking at me, armored and equipped with his sword. Quacity stood beside him, not armored but with his sword drawn.

"I'll give you one more chance ok," and with that, he left the two following behind him without another word.

I turned back, closing the door before I got ready for the day. I pulled on a hoodie and strapped my sword over it before walking out of the van. A small rattling grabbed my attention to look down to my wrist, the noise came from the charm on the necklace I wore around it. I untied it from my wrist and quickly tied it to the hilt of my sword, it was hidden enough that hopefully Shlatt wouldn't see it but I could still wear it with pride.

(Time skip because I need it)

I walked along the path through Manberg. It was newly decorated for the festival coming up at the end of the week. Tubbo had been working hard on the decorations and games. He had also joined me for some visits to Pogtopia as it was now called. Tubbo had created a tunnel to it in order for faster and safer travels. We had almost gotten caught a few times but we always played it off. Wilbur was getting worse, he was starting to give up hope and had come up with a plan to blow up Manberg. I spent a lot of time with him trying to talk him out of it but I just couldn't seem to get through to him.

Shlatt was starting to seem to get restless with me. He knew about how I would sneak off at night but he just couldn't get me to say where Tommy and Will were. I knew I wasn't safe for too much longer, I had to leave.

Tubbo was just ahead of me, hanging streamers across a street light.

"Tubbo!" I called him, "Hey can you take a break for a bit."

"Sure!" he hopped down from the ladder he was on, his ears flopping up with the fall, "what do you need?"

"Can we go to the van, it's a little important."

"Sure," he seemed concerned now.

We entered the van, it was now obvious what I was about to say. My duffle bag and backpack were both packed on the table and my cot was pushed back up into position.

"(Y/N)," tubbo paused for a moment to take in what was happening, "you aren't leaving are you?"

"I'm really sorry Tubbo," I looked at my feet, "I can't stay, Shlatt's getting suspicious of me. If I stay much longer I don't think he'd let me live."

"What about me?"

"You're going to stay here," I responded, "keep low, if they ask about me I left after we had a fight, ok?"

"Ok," Tubbo's face dropped, "just be safe please."

"I always am Tubbo," I ruffled his hair, feeling small horns starting to grow atop his head. "You never told me you would grow horns," I stifled a laugh.

"I didn't know till a little bit ago," he started trying to fix his hair.

"Well," I walked to the door, "I'll be off." I left without another word, making my way to the tunnels we had made.

Word count: 961

An-
HAHAH I finally posted earlier than midnight let's gooooo!!!

Also Ranboo in mcc?? Idk if I mentioned that last chapter but it was so cool to see him playing in it even if I couldn't watch the whole thing. (How dare my brother put his wedding on the same day as mcc /j)

I hope y'all are enjoying the fic so far tho!!