7- some fresh air

By the time I woke up the next day Tubbo had already left, leaving me alone in the van.

I stepped out of the van's back room entering the cabin. Small trinkets littered the dashboard from small L'Manberg pins to bandanas that had been passed around from person to person. All of these trinkets held memories of what we came from and were quite possibly the only original things left of L'Manberg other than the van.

I stepped out of the van seeing a new flag flying where the L'Manberg flag stood just the day before. The flag looked as if it glowed as it swayed with the soft breeze. The black fabric shined in the sun and brought out the glowing orange accents. The flag matched Shlatt himself, both being intimidating sights.

"Do you like the new flag?" a deep voice asked from behind me, I could smell the alcohol coming from his breath. I turned to see Shlatt himself, leaning over to stand at my height the small gold chains that adorned his horns jingled as he moved.

"It's-" I stopped to consider my words carefully, so as to not offend him, "nice I guess."

"I know!" he laughed, "Such an intimidating flag for a soon to be intimidating nation." He stood up towering over me slightly looking at me intently. His hand made its way to my face tracing it down to my neck and held the small charm that hung on the green velvet choker that Dream had used to replace my old collar.

"What's this?"

"It's my necklace," I looked down to avoid making eye contact with him, "Dream took my old one and gave me this when I was in his custody." As a hybrid he had to recognize the significance of a hybrid's collar. It signified the wearer's loyalty and residency. And hybrids without a collar were frowned upon.

"Well we can't have that," He dropped the charm leaning away finally, "We need to get you a new one for Manberg!" I winced at his sudden volume as he turned around towards the white house.

"It- it's fine," I almost whispered, "I was going to try and find my old one at my old house."

"You mean the burnt down cabin? I don't think you're going to find anything there kitty" I flinched at the nickname he had given me. Shlatt walked off towards the whitehouse as I stood still, tail flicking behind me.

(TIME SKIP)

About a week had passed. I was tired of being stuck here with this bastard as my president. Tubbo was working his butt off trying to keep up with Shlatt's orders and he was now decorating for what Shlatt called 'a Manberg festival'. I had decided to go check up on Wilbur and Tommy and was making my way outside the town before Tubbo shouted for me.

"(Y/N)!" He was running to catch me before I left, "First: where are you going?"

"I need to get out so I'm going to go see Wilbur and Tommy."

"OH ok! Second: Shlatt told me to give this to you," he held out a small black box. I took it from him, opening it to see a small golden chain that matched his, a charm that looked like the flag adorned it.

"Oh," I didn't know how to react. I disliked both the collar Dream had given me and this one but I had to wear one of them.

"Shlatt also told me to bring him your necklace," he said, questioning the words as he said them, "I don't know why tho."

"He probably wants to know I'll wear this one," I laughed a bit, "Fine if he wants it so bad." I took the velvet choker off before handing it to the boy and putting on the golden chain. "I hope he's happy."

"Ok, have a nice trip (Y/N)!" the boy waved to me as I walked out.

I walked through the forests looking for the hill that they had dug into. Small twigs snapped beneath my feet as the fallen leaves crunched.

Eventually I came upon the hill seeing the patched together door. I pushed the door open, seeing a rickety bed and a chest beside a furnace and crafting table. It was just enough to get by but at the end of the small room was a new opening.

I slowly walked up to the opening looking down it, seeing a large spiral staircase and hearing two voices coming from it. Before I could take a step to go down I heard the sound of a sword being unsheathed and a small prick poking into the back of my neck.

"Who are you?" A deep monotone voice came from behind me, I could only assume it was the holder of the sword.

I stayed silent

"I asked, who are you," the voice asked again, almost yelling and pushing the tip of the sword father against my neck.

Word count- 848