Chapter 11

"JILL!?" My voice booms as I stomp down the stairs.

"Tessa! Tessa please, just let her be." Julia begs me, catching my wrist and making me look at her pleading eyes.

I look down at her small and underweight frame, causing my vision to tint with red. I snarl and whirl back around, marching into the kitchen.

"JILL!" I roar, causing her to flinch, drop the magazine she was holding and spin around.

"Tessa!" She screams. "How dare you use that tone with me!"

My vision deepens in red as an image of Julia flashes through my mind. "How dare I!? HOW DARE I!?"

She stands from the chair she was seated at and glares at me. "Don't raise your voice at me!"

I laugh bitterly and scowl at her. "Or what? You'll comment on my weight? Go ahead! See if I care! Your opinion doesn't matter to me! You obviously don't care for anyone but yourself!" I scream at her.

She looks taken back before a hard glare sets on her features. "You're one to talk. I'm not the one who doesn't care for her family!"

I grit my teeth as my fists clench at my sides. "YOU ARE NOT MY FAMILY!" I roar. She flinches at my voice as I continue. "And not caring for family!? You are such a hypocrite. You called your own daughter fat and too modest just because she wasn't a slut like her sister!"

Jill gasps before marching over to me and getting in my face. "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!"

I snarl at her and lift my fist up, shaking it at her as my finger points at her accusingly. "YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A CURSE TO YOUR DAUGHTERS!"

She abruptly grabs my forearm, squeezing it until it hurts. "HOW DARE YOU!" She shouts at me.

I push her away and spit at the floor by her feet. "You disgust me." Is all I say before turning on my heel and moving in the direction of the kitchen entrance.

"Don't walk away from me!" She screams at me.

I laugh bitterly and turn around. "Honey, everyone walks away from you. You should be used to it by now."

She gasps before walking right up to me and slapping me across the face. A stinging sensation fills my cheeks as I taste blood in my mouth.

Fudgeballs I bit my tongue.

I lift a hand and touch it to my cheek, wincing when I apply pressure to it. I chuckle humorlessly and look at her in disgust. "Wow. You've resolved to hitting now, have you? You are pathetic." I spit out, giving her a disgusted once over before turning and marching out of the kitchen.

++++++++++++++++++++

"Arrogant... Conceited... Selfish..."

I skate towards the rail and pop the board up, grinding across before landing and flying to the next obstacle.

"Awful... Terrible... Horrific..."

I slide up the wall, doing a three-sixty before going back down and letting the board move to the next hill.

"Inhuman... Inconsiderate... Egotistical..."

I fly up the side, only to scream when I see Will standing there, watching me humorously.

"Ah!" I yelp, falling, hitting the cement, and rolling down the side.

"Princess!" Will exclaims, jumping down the side and kneeling beside me. "Crap, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" He questions me.