Chapter 8

This chapter is dedicated to @whitepanda10 their comments are freaking hilarious!!!

Now to the chapter....

++++++++++++++++++++

Light snoring woke me from my sleep. I opened my eyes, only to squint them shut again.

Okay, so light is not your friend right now. I see how it is...

I slowly peeked open my eyes, only to come face to... chest? I scrunched my eyebrows together as I tilted my head back to look at the face of Will Thatcher himself. The memories of last night flooded my mind, and I found myself snuggling closer to his body heat. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, which caused him to stir and tighten his arm around my waist.

After a while, I feel myself slipping off back into sleep, but Will's stirring kept me up. I kept my eyes closed, ready to sleep once more, only to feel a light touch on my cheek. Will's breath fanned my face as his hand not under and around my waist brushed hair out of my face.

"I'm so sorry, Princess." He whispers regretfully, kissing my forehead. "I will never leave you to be hurt again. I'll always be there."

I slowly open my eyes, meeting the gaze of two beautifully deep blue ones. "Will..." I breathe, studying his face.

"Hmm?"

I clear my throat and scoot backwards and away from Will, putting some distance between us. "Thanks. For staying." I say quietly.

He nods and sits up, stretching his arms over his head. "No problem." He grunts out.

I yawn and stand up from bed, walking over to my bathroom. "Yep." I say tiredly before going in a shutting the door.

++++++++++++++++++++

I came out five minutes later to find my room empty. I looked around until my eyes caught a note left on the table.

Princess, I had to leave through your window, seeing as Jill would kill me for sleeping in the same bed as you. I went back to my house to get changed for school. Don't worry about driving there or getting a ride from someone else. I'll pick you up.

~Will

I let a small smile grow on my lips as I read the note. Quickly, I changed into presentable clothing and brushed my teeth and hair before running down stairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey Jill." I chirp, walking and grabbing a granola bar from the cabinet.

"Hey... Tessa..." She says slowly, confused at my good mood and non-hostility to her.

"All right, I'm heading to school, catch you later." And with that, I walk out of the kitchen, leaving behind a dumbfounded Jill. I walk out the door and sit on the steps to the porch, entertaining myself by 'squishing things' in the distance between my fingers.

I'm so mature I know.

I hear a truck drive up before I turn my head to see Will walking up with an entertained grin on his face.

"Princess," he begins, "are you squishing things in between your fingers?"

I shrug and stand up, adjusting the strap of my backpack over my shoulder. "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. You'll never know." I say playfully before walking past him and towards his truck. "C'mon slow poke! Let's go!"

He shakes his head with a rueful smile as he walks around to the driver's side of the vehicle and hopping behind the wheel.

"What has you so happy today?" He questions me.