Chapter 6

"Hey, Princess." I feel my lips pull into a smile as I close my locker and look at a smirking Will.

His arms are crossed as he leans against the locker next to mine.

Do all guys do that? It always seems to happen in love stories and books, I think as I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh my goodness," I feign a valley girl accent, "The Will Thatcher has graced me with his presence! I'm am like... So blessed... It's crazy..."

He chuckles and shakes his head with a rueful smile. "Don't do that, Princess, it doesn't suit you."

I raise an eyebrow at him before he clears his throat and stands up straight. "Anyways, I was wondering if you heard about that new horror movie? Uh... Dark Skies?"

I nod my head. "I've seen commercials for it."

He nods at me. "Yea, well, and I was planning to go with a friend... But then he cancelled... So I was wondering if maybe you would like to go? With me? Since my friend didn't show up?"

I open my mouth to respond but he cuts me off.

"You don't have to go. I mean, I want you to. I want you to go, I mean. But you're not obligated or anything. And this isn't a date, no. I just have an extra ticket and prefer not to go alone and--"

"Will!" I exclaim, clamping my hands on his shoulders.

"Ah... Uh... Yes?"

I shake my head and laugh. "I would love to go, Will." I smile.

He smiles at me. "Really!?"

I nod my head. "Yea, it would be fun."

He grins and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into a hug. "You won't regret it." He says, his voice muffled by my hair.

I laugh lightly. "I sure hope not, Will."

+++++++++++++++++++

This. Was. A. Terrible. Idea.

I watched with horror in my eyes as the person was dragging into the dark room he was running from.

Behind you! Behind! Look behind you!

I chanted saying in my head as the dark figure rose to stand behind the character in the movie. I screamed at the scene before me and curled into a ball on Will's lap.

When the movie first started, we were in our own seats, and an arm rest was between us. That fact changed twenty minutes into the movie.

"Are you okay there, Princess?" He asked me, keeping his arms wrapped securely around my body.

"Y-yea. I'm f-fine." I say. I whimper when someone screams, curling farther into Will and burying my face in his chest.

He chuckles beneath me. "Yea. Sure you are."

Just as he says this, I peek out of my fingers, only to scream and curl up more in Will's lap, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You know, if I knew you'd spend the whole movie on my lap, I would've taken you to see it sooner." He says micheviously.

I slap his chest and keep my head buried in his chest. "Sh-shut up y-you jerkface." I say, my voice muffled.

He sighs and tightens his arms around me. "Don't worry, Princess. It's almost over." He kisses my forehead. I nod my head and wait for the rest of the movie to pass by so I could escape that horrid movie theater.

++++++++++++++++++++

"Princess."

Don't open your eyes, it will kill you if you do.