𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗦𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲

♡︎

☀︎︎
☮︎︎

"So...We are pretty much here." Scott's voice is hushed from not talking for so many consecutive hours. They had been in the car for another full night and day before reaching the sign that welcomed them into Beacon Hills.

The roads have become familiar and Willow knows that soon their rescue mission would fully be over. Scott would park the Jeep in front of his house, and Willow would ride her bike back home, welcomed by her dad who is probably worried out of his mind.

The majority of the car ride back home was accompanied by comfortable silence, the type they didn't have when they were driving to Virginia. Now that they are reaching Scott's house, the urge to tell Scott everything she wants to tell him is more apparent than ever. The silence was nice, but now Willow regrets not telling her feelings, knowing she wont once they get home.

"What's wrong?"

His voice causes her to snap back to reality and look over at him. "Hmm?"

"You sighed." He says, glancing over at her every other second while still trying to look at the road. "So what's wrong?"

"Oh, I was just thinking."

"About what?" Scott asks, tightening his grip on the wheel.

"Us."

"What about us?" His voice has gotten quieter, almost at a whisper; a sense of curiosity in it.

"Us being friends again." She lies, "I missed it." Willow moves around in her seat to try and convince Scott that the blip in her heart rate is from moving.

"Oh, okay." His voice is back to it's normal volume, and his grip on the wheel has softened.

Slowly, the car reaches a stop in front of Scott's house, all of the lights off inside of it. "My mom must be asleep."

"Yeah, probably." Willow starts chewing on her bottom lip, pulling off small pieces of dry skin, no doubt leaving spots bleeding and sore.

Scott sighs and stares at his front door for a second before turning the keys and taking them out of the ignition.

"So..."

"So...I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" She slides her legs out of the car and heads towards the back. Scott has already opened up the trunk and started grabbing out her bag of clothes. "Thanks." She puts the bag over her shoulder and smiles at him.

"Mhm. And yeah, see you tomorrow." Scott says, closing the trunk.

Willow turns around and starts walking towards her bike, which surprisingly hasn't gotten stolen after sitting on the sidewalk for however long they were gone. She picks it up and props it upwards, throwing her leg over it.

"Hey Willow?" Scott is still standing at the trunk of the car, looking at her.

"Yeah?" She pulls her leg off of the bike and stands on the sidewalk, facing him.

"Um..." He makes his way to her, stopping about five feet away. "I know."

"You know what?" Willow is thoroughly confused, at a lost as to what Scott is talking about.

"What you said the other night?"

Her heart stops. He heard me.

"I know."

"Look - I'm sorry about that. I know I probably over stepped my boundaries and I know you don't think of me like that but.."

"Where did you get that idea?" He cuts her off, furrowing his brows at her.

"What?"

"That I don't think of you like that?"

"Uhm..." She is picking at her fingers, pulling the skin off of her cuticles, unable to look Scott in the eye.

"Willow, you're kinda like - my Lydia." He laughs at the thought, "I fell in love with you the second I saw you walk out of your room when Stiles brought me over to hangout."

"Really?" She lets out a sigh of relief, "Oh thank god because I really thought that I just messed up our whole entire friendsh-"

Before she can finish her sentence, Scott walks up to her and grabs onto her face, pushing his lips into hers. She can feel her heart stop for a moment, and his jagged breaths are felt against her cheek. The blood on her lips are seeping onto his like a sweet cherry wine. His soft hair is intertwined between her fingers as her hands creep their way up his neck. His mouth began to pull away from hers, but Willow's lips were reluctant to do the same, holding on to the kiss for a second longer before letting go.

Her heavy breathing is mirroring his, their lips still inches away when Scott decides to break the silence in a whisper. "For the record, I love you too."

Willow smiles, feeling her face heat up.

"So...you wanna go inside?"

"Mmm..." She softly hums, "I should really get home to my dad."

"Okay."

"Oh who am I kidding? My dad can wait, let's go." Her bike falls back down onto the sidewalk and her hand grips on to his, pulling him to the house.

"What's your mom gonna think?" She says while walking to the front door.

"I already told her about us..." Scott purses his lips in embarrassment.

"How did you know we would...?" Her thought trails off.

"I kinda have been updating her since your love confession the other night."

She laughs and pulls him inside of the house, quietly shutting the door behind them.

♡︎

☀︎︎
☮︎︎

A/N: OMG it's over. This was a short fic but it was a lot of fun to write. I'm sorry the ending isn't ground breaking or anything, and I'm sorry if you guys prefer smut - that just isn't my thing. Anyways, I really hope you enjoyed this story, and thank you to everyone who took the time to read this.