Chapter Sixteen

Sang POV

It’s been nearly three weeks since we returned back from Orlando. We were all able to get back into routine quickly. The first few days back were hard because I barely saw my boys and with what happened with Marie I just wanted them all by my side. Even if I didn’t have all of them, I still had one which made me happy.

I returned home from Nathan’s a couple of days after Marie kicked off. I was happy when I walked in to see the house tidy and clean and my sister baking, something I didn’t know she could do. She had washed up, looking clean and fresh again with her hair pulled back into a simple ponytail and clean jeans and baggy t-shirt. When she saw me watching her, she smiled at me and asked with her eyes if I wanted to help so we spent the day baking in complete silence.

Marie disappears a few times a week. I know where she’s going but she thinks I don’t after asking Sean not to say anything to me about it. He told her he didn’t want to make any promises because he didn’t want to break our trust by keeping a secret from me. If Marie knows that I know, she doesn’t let on. But she’s cleaned herself up now and spends a lot of her free time with Derek. She looks lighter, happier than what I have seen on her in a while.

I’m also sure I heard her telling Derek that she got a weekend job down at the store. With school and now these support groups I think she finds it hard getting everything in, but being busy is what she needs, it also gives her routine. We don’t say much when we see each other, but I get small smiles here and small smiles there, maybe, just maybe we’ll be okay.

Today is Saturday. We returned to school on Tuesday, no problems whatsoever so the week went by quickly, easily and quietly. No problems at all.
I’m currently sitting on the couch at Nathan’s house waiting for Victor, Owen, Sean and Silas to arrive. They have something planned for me and I’m not sure what. I just had a text this morning to be here for noon, so here I am.

Luke, North, Kota, Nathan and Gabriel are in the kitchen, whispering quietly while preparing snacks. I try and strain my ears to hear but I can’t. Damn them.

When the door opens and the last four walk in, I can’t help but smile. I greet them all with hellos and kisses, Victor being the last one. “Hi Princess.”

“Hi.”

“I have a surprise for you."

“You do?”

“Actually, we do. But I did all the work.” It clicks in my head in that moment on what it could be. Some sort of squeak that is full of excitement leaves me and my face actually hurts with the smile right now. “Sit down and we’ll get set up.”

I eagerly run back over to the sofa just as those in the kitchen walk in carrying bowls of crisps, plates of sandwiches, bottles of water and even a chocolate cake. Yum. North sees my eyes glued on the cake. “Not yet. Proper food first.” I nod my head and pick up a cheese sandwich.

Victor puts a disc in the DVD player and then turns on the TV. I’m picked up and placed into Nathan's lap with my knees in Luke’s and my feet in Gabriel’s. He hooks his fingers into my Vans and slips them off my feet. I relax back into Nathan and watch the TV.

A song I recognize, Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard starts coming through the speakers as the screen flashes black. Then a video starts. It’s of the boys standing outside my house. A frown comes to my face. The camera focuses on Gabriel.

Grinning he says to the camera. “We’re off to wake Trouble. We're about to tell her we're going on holiday.”

“Where are we going?” Victor asks but I can’t see him so I’m guessing he’s the one holding the camera.

Gabriel just looks at the camera. “I’m not fucking five Victor. You don’t need to talk to me like a child.” In that moment, Luke jumps onto Gabriel’s back. “What do you want?” he grumbles.

Luke grins. “Were going on freaking holiday.”

North comes into view, smacking him upside the head. “Stop acting like a fucking child.”

And with that, they all turn and walk into my house, Victor behind them as they go up the stairs. Then they show my whole reactions as they tell me we're going to Orlando. I didn’t even notice Victor holding a camera.

It then goes on and on, showing pictures of me in the car to the airport, on the plane, getting off the plane, walking into the hotel. The fountain. It’s all there, pictures I didn’t even realize were being taken. The photos go on and on. Me in my bikini that I blush over, me sunbathing, me laughing, me with each, some or all of my boys. It’s endless. The music changes repeatedly, every time one finishes a new one starts. There’s Rihanna – We Found Love, Tulisa – Young, Ke$ha – Your Love is my Drug. It just doesn’t seem to end. Videos with us all in play quickly, showing the best moments before going on to another one. The thing I like the most is that it’s all in order from our days. Nothing is in the wrong place, it’s perfected.

My eyes actually pool with tears. It’s amazing and I know for a fact I’ll never forget this holiday because I can replay it as much as I want just by slipping in a disc to a dvd player. I don’t know how to thank them.

The last picture that comes up is of me asleep on the plane on the way back. Then the music comes to a sudden stop and all my boys come up on the screen. By the looks of it, they are sitting right here on this sofa. When it was, I don’t know. Owen is dressed in his normal suit and tie, Sean in his white dress shirt and grey pants telling me he’s been to work.

Owen on the screen starts to speak. “Well Sang, that’s your first holiday and it is most certainly one for us all to remember.”

“When we booked this holiday for you, we wanted to make sure that it would be one to remember.” Kota on the screen says, pushing his glasses back up his nose.

“And it’s something that we’ll hold close to our hearts forever.” Luke grins.

“Over this week, we learned to follow Gabe’s orders when he says to unpack our suitcases.” Silas grins at me on the TV.

“Learned that we all have a fear.” North says, looking a little embarrassed. I sneak a peek over at him but he’s not looking at me but watching the screen closely.

I turn my attention back to the TV as Sean says. “Spoke the words of our heart’s desire.”

“Got drunk.” Gabriel says, sending a glare to the camera. “Trouble can't keep herself out of trouble.”

“But most of all Princess, you were able to live up to your name for real. You got the experience most people dream of. You got to visit the Magic Kingdom and see the fireworks.” Victor says.

“You got to swim with the dolphins.” Nathan adds.

“But most of all...” Owen continues. “We have had a week of being with each other, making memories we’ll never forget. Memories that we’ll all treasure close to our hearts.”

“So Baby, this DVD is for you. Watch it when you're bored, when we're not with you or just for the hell of it.” North grins. “Don’t worry though Baby, it’s only until next year because that is when we’ll be going again.”

“And the year after that.” Nathan adds.

“And the year after that.” Sean winks at the camera.

“We’ll go every damn year so we can keep making new memories. But for now, Sang Sorenson, hold this close to your heart. This and us will always be in your heart.” And with that the video ends.

Tears are streaming down my face. What would I do without my boys?