Chapter Twelve

Sang POV

I'm thankful when the boys start getting some color in their cheeks after eating their bacon, egg and onion baps with some chips. Gabriel even handed out pain relief tablets to help with their headaches. North refused at first but then Kota announced we were going on the safari tour, causing me to let out a squeal of excitement which then causes North to rethink his decision of the pain relief. He's soon popping two Tylenol, guzzling down a bottle of water too.

Now we're all sitting in a muddy brown truck. I'm sitting on one bench with Sean, Owen, Kota and Silas. North, Victor, Nathan, Luke and Gabriel are on another. We all have our sunglasses pulled down over our eyes, shielding them from the sun. I'm doing it because I want to see the animals. The boys are doing it to help relieve their headaches.

A man named Peter with a bald head and dressed out in a tourist uniform with Animal Kingdoms logo is telling us different information on different animals as we travel around the park. I persuaded Victor to video record it while Nathan takes pictures so I can gaze at the different animals.

There's a variety of animals, Giraffes, Monkeys, Tigers, Zebras and Lions closed off in large enclosures.

"They're so boring." Gabriel whines. "They're not doing anything."

"They are not boring." I tell him. "They are simply just...relaxing." I grin when Gabriel shoots me a look behind his glasses.

"Relaxing, Trouble? Really?" I nod, grinning as I look out to the Zebras. I see a baby one and I can't help but let out a small 'aw'. "They are simply fucking boring." I roll my eyes. "Don't roll those beautiful greens at me, Trouble."

I giggle, shaking my head.

The tour goes on for about an hour. I'm grateful for it really because I can sit back and let my food settle down as I am determined to get on that ride. I'm also excited to take one of my boys to the spot I wish to. The sun burns my shoulders. I have to remind myself to put on my own sun tan lotion so I don't burn because North isn't reminding me as he's too busy handling his bad head.

I giglgle silently to myself. It's so amusing. My big bad North suffering with a hangover.

A little while later, after a well relaxed tour, we're climbing off the truck. When we're back on our feet, I turn and look for Victor. He nods his head, understanding my look behind my sunglasses. I grin and reach for the hand that belongs to the person I want to be with for a moment.

I pull him towards an inside enclosure where I know there are baby monkeys, baby tigers and baby lions. He doesn't complain as I pull him along. He just simply follows. When we reach the indoor enclosure, we go inside.

We walk around for a little while in silence. It's not an awkward silence. Nothing can be awkward between me and my boys and I never want it to be. We stop outside a window where there are around five baby white tiger cubs. "They're so cute." I say in awe as I watch them playing around.

"Yes, they are. Just like you." I lift my gaze, locking my eyes on Kota's green ones. I smile up at him. He turns so we're facing each other, cupping my face with his hand.

                                                                *

Kota POV

"Is this where you tell me you love me?" I ask, looking into her beautiful green eyes. All of a sudden my headache is gone, I'm wide awake and the little sounds I thought were stupidly loud this morning are now gone. Sang nods her head with my hand cupping her face. "Can I tell you first?" I want to tell her first.

She shakes her head. "No. I need to tell you first." She brings her arms up and drapes them over my shoulders. She stands up on her tip toes and brings her face up close to mine. I hold my breath, waiting. She smiles before pressing a kiss down on my lips. I sigh, letting out my breath slowly. "I love you, Kota Lee." She whispers against my lips.

I grin. "I love you too, Sang Sorenson." I tell her before bringing her lips back to mine. Everything fades away in that moment and my heart feels full with love. All the worries we've had over the last few months with Hendricks and McCoy and Volto disappear and all that matters is her. She is all that matters.

She pulls away and I rest my forehead against hers, rubbing the tips of our noses together. "Thank you for saving me, Kota."

I smile. "No, sweetie. Thank you for saving me." She kisses me once more before linking her fingers with mine. We walk around the rest of the indoor enclosure, talking about the different animals. Because Sang forgot her camera, we took pictures on our phone.

This day, this vacation just can't get any better.