VIII

~~~~~~Mattheo POV~~~~~~~
After the sorting day, I snuck out of the dorm late at night. I was planning to meet with my father. We needed to talk after what happened on the train. I left the Hogwarts campus and not too far into the woods, stood my father, waiting for me. "Hello Mattheo." He slithered. "Father."
"I had you meet me here to discuss-"
"The other day on the train, I know."
"I was going to say, the girl."
He was referring to Y/n. What could he possibly want with her.
"Seeing as she is your... friend," the word 'friend' didn't seem to come easily to him.
"What about her?" I asked.
"There was something, strange about her."
"What do you mean by strange?"
"What house is she in?" My father asked, avoiding my question.
"Im not quite sure. She chose slytherin, but the hat couldn't make a decision. He said every house and then he just... died." I told him.
A look of realisation fell over his face.
"That hasn't happened since... me." He said.
What had I done? Had I just accidentally made Y/n my fathers new target? Only time would tell.

~~~~~~~Y/n POV~~~~~~~
A week or so had passed since the sorting incident. I was getting use to my daily schedule and Pansy and I were having so much fun together. Any drama from the first week was history and nobody treated me any different than anybody else.
It was a late night on our third week there, when Pansy remembered my birthday approaching.
"Hey, isn't your birthday coming up?" She asked.
"Yeah." I said already knowing where this was going.
"What are you gonna do for it?"
"Same as every year, nothing."
"WHAT?! Your not gonna have a party?!"
"No. It's not that big a deal, I never have parties."
"That's not acceptable. I'll throw it for you if that's the problem."
"It's not that, I just don't like celebrating my birthday."
"Why not?"
"... no reason."
"Why are you lying to me?! You know I hate it when you lie to me."
"Why are you assuming that I'm lying?!"
"Because! Y/n! I know everything about you!"
Both of us were now raising our voices.
"No you DON'T Pansy!! And quite frankly this is none of your business! So just leave it alone!" I snapped at her.
Pansy looked at me, hurt. This was our first fight, and over such a stupid thing.
"Get out." She said quietly yet firmly.
"What?"
"GET OUT!" She screamed.
I sighed, grabbed a few things, shoved them into a bag and left. I had no idea where to go, so I just wandered for a the halls for what felt like hours, maybe it was hours, it was too dark to tell. Once again I could barely keep my eyes open, I was bound to crash any second now.

In the distance I saw a miniature, strange glow.
It very slowly, grew bigger and bigger each second. I began to walk towards it. Closer and closer until it was right next to me, then...
"Bonk."
I walked straight into someone. We both fell to the ground, landing with thuds.
The light turned out to be a wand, and as it grew a little brighter the light illuminated the face of Harry Potter.
"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I said, scrambling to pick up the piece of paper that he dropped. I helped him up and handed his things back to him.
"Are you alright?" I asked.
"I'm fine." He said sounding a little stunned.
"You're Y/n Malfoy right?" He asked.
"Yes..."
It went quiet for a bit.
"Sorry, I just still can't believe you're Draco's sister" he said.
"Why's that?"
"Well, from what I've gathered so far, you're kind, and smart, and- and funny. Then there's your brother, and he's... well Draco."
"Fair enough. I am pretty great aren't I?" I laughed at his awkwardness.
"Anyway, sorry again for bumping into you. See you later?" I added.
"Yeah, sure."

I focused on finding a place to stay for the night. I realised I didn't have many friends to rely on other than the boys. So that's where I went. I knocked lightly on their door so that if they were asleep I wouldn't wake anyone up. I waited a few seconds, I heard the lock clicking, and the door knob turning. Mattheo opened the door, he rubbed his eyes, I must've woken him up on accident. When he saw me he knew something was wrong.
"What happened?" He asked.
"Why do you assume something happened because I'm here?"
"It's not that you're here, it's that you're not sleeping."
"Aw, you know me so well." I said giving him a small punch on the shoulder.
"I know everything, don't flatter yourself." He said, rolling his eyes playfully.
"Can I come in?" I asked, no longer joking.
"It's against the rules though." He said, referring to the whole no girls and boys in the same dorm past 9:00.
"Since when do you care about rules?"
"Touché." He said while stepping out of the way, letting me in.

I placed my bag down, next to the door.
"Is anyone else awake?" I ask quietly.
"Just Theo."
"Great." I said sarcastically.
Over the past couple weeks, Theo has done nothing but flirt with me. I have given him many signs that I do NOT like him, but he just doesn't seem to be getting it.
"I heard that." Theo's voice said from the bed at the back.
"Hi Theo." I said with a sigh.
"Hey beautiful." He replied.
"I told you not to call me that."
"And I told you that's not gonna happen."
I ignored him and turned back toward Mattheo.

~~~~~~~Mattheo POV~~~~~~~
"Hey beautiful." Theo said to Y/n.
I hated it when he called her names like that. I clenched my jaw, trying to contain my anger with him.
"I told you not to call me that." Y/n told him.
"And I told you that's not gonna happen." He replied smugly. This guy just could not take a hint. It's obvious she doesn't like him, when will he just move on?
Y/n looked at me. I tried to make it look like I wasn't angry, even though my blood was boiling.
"Any chance I can stay here tonight?" She said, careful to not wake up Draco or Blaise.
"What happened to your dorm?" I asked, very curious.
"Is that a no?" She asked ignoring my question.
"It's a yes, if you tell me why."
"Pans kicked me out."
"What? Why?"
"We got into a fight."
"About what?"
"That's too many questions. Can I stay or not?"
"Of course, but there's a tiny problem."
"Yes?"
"Since there were only 4 of us in here they took the 2 spare beds to the medical wing."
"I don't mind sleeping on the floor."
"Or you can sleep in my bed with me." Offered Theo smug as ever.
"NO!" Both Y/n and I said at the same time.
"If you're sure." I said.
"I don't really have anywhere else to go."
She went to get changed and came back in a oversized hoodie. I gave her one of my pillows and she got as comfortable you can be on a wooden floor. Soon her breathing slowed and i knew I was the only one left awake. I didn't sleep easily. I wish I could sleep like Y/n, it only took her a few seconds before she was out like a light. My eyes went over to her. I watched as her shoulders raised, and dropped. She looked so peaceful in her sleep. She started to shiver, which wasn't surprising, she was on the floor with nothing but a hoodie for warmth. I felt guilty just watching her freeze.
"Psssst. Y/n." I whispered.
She began moving, then I saw her e/c eyes, staring right back at me.
"Yeah?" She said weakly.
"You're cold."
"And?"
I shuffled making room on the bed.
"You can lye with me if you want, to keep warm."
It went quiet for a second.
Then I heard her stand up and walk towards me. She slipped into the bed beside me. It was small but we both fit fine.
We faced away from each other and soon enough she fell asleep once again, this time she wasn't shivering. Soon enough, I was asleep too.

(A/n: kinda long chapter.)