CHAPTER TWELVE ⎯ WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

We started to walk to Klaus' room after we both changed

Both me and Five went back to our regular friendly relationship right after too. He apologized to me, which confused me very much. It was just a brief chat, but he went back to his old attitude and refused to look at me while saying his words.

When we got to Klaus' room, he in a depressed manner, looking at the ceiling. I knocked on his door politely, but the man beside me just barged in as if it was his room. 

"Hey. Get up. We're going." Five said strictly. Klaus groaned and got up. "What?" He slurred lightly. "Where?" Klaus asked once more. "To save the world." I said. Klaus still looked confusedly at me. I rolled my eyes. 

Five ignored Klaus and started talking to me, "So, Pogo said Dad killed himself to get us all back together, right?" He said. "Yeah, so?" I asked. "So it got me thinking." He started. "I had to jump to the future to figure out when it happened, but Dad, he can't time travel." Five continued while rubbing his thumb to his chin. 

I was stumped too, so I kept quiet. But Klaus spoke up, "So how'd the crazy bastard actually know?" Klaus asked. "Truth is, our whole lives, he's been telling us we'd save the world from an impending apocalypse." Five said, making me gasp quietly. He was sure right. 

"Yeah, but I always thought he just said that to scare us into doing the dishes." Klaus said, making me giggle. "Me too."

"But what if the old man really knew it was going to happen?" Five asked. The way Five called dad "old man" made me wonder why he won't call him "dad" or "Reginald. Anyways, I answered, "Yeah, but knew how?".

"I don't know. But, his plan worked. We all came back home" He said. I chuckled lightly, "I was always here was the past year" I told him. He looked at me, "Did he do anything suspicious?". 

"I wouldn't know actually. I only came here because I needed somewhere to sleep and needed free food" 

Five rolled his eyes at me. "We might as well save the world" He told us. "Oh yeah? What, like, the two of us?"

"Uh, well, ideally, no, but... gotta work with what I've got." Five ripped him off. Klaus sighed. "Well I'm not coming" He said. I rolled my eyes and walked to him. I grabbed him arm and started pulling him up, but my 14 year old body was clearly struggling. 

"Okay fine, no need to look like an idiot" He said while pushing my arm off him. I looked up at him sadly, before walking away. "IF your gonna talk to me like that, your no longer my favorite sibling" I said as a small smirk started to build on my lips. "Okay! Okay! Sorry!" Klaus yelled. "You know, I'm still here, Y/N" Five said. 

I looked at him and also smirked. "You're more than that, Fivey" I said while touching the tip of his nose before walking out of the room, leaving Five flustered. "Did she just make you blush!" "No she did not, asshole! Shut up!" "Never!"