⤷ 33

just to let you know; i'll update this book every day again (: happy reading!

i didn't know how to react. "takashi-" i said again, but he interrupted me.

"no, i don't want to talk about it"

i took a shaky breath "are you sure?"

takashi laughed - loud and false. "i've dealt with worse" his voice sounded stifled and i found it better to change the subject.

"are you hungry?"

"will you make me something to eat?" takashi's mouth corner lifted, pulling me a little closer to him.

"sure. do you want to shower?" i asked slowly, but felt his warm breath on my earlobe.

"i don't care"

"go take a shower," i commanded, pushing him toward the stairs. "you can put on some of my brother's clothes."

disdainfully takashi turned to me. "thank you, i feel quite comfortable in my clothes."

i briefly looked after him as he went up the stairs, finally walking into the kitchen with a sigh and a shake of my head.

while waiting for the frozen pizza in the oven, i swept up the broken pieces of the vase i had dropped earlier and threw them in the trash.

i knew that even though chifuyu was now in a safe place, his life was still in danger.

should i tell takashi that he was still alive?

to beat him down even more if chifuyu didn't make it? no.

if chifuyu did succumb to his injuries and takashi had hoped that his friend would come back, it would only hurt him more.

i let myself sink into a chair, staring into the mirror opposite me. a deep worry line could be seen between my eyebrows.

i hung on to my thoughts, for a long time - until a smell from the kitchen startled me and i ran into the kitchen cursing loudly, to find an oven enveloped in black clouds of smoke. i turned it off, panicked and pulled open the door. when i finally saw something again, i realized that all that was left of the pizza was a misshapen, charred slab.

i pulled out the plate, threw the former pizza on the granite and also opened the windows.

so it was time for plan b.

i quickly took my phone and dialed the number of the pizza service i always called when i was home alone.

when finally a loud thump announced that takashi was coming down the stairs, i put on an innocent face. "hey, all right-"

takashi nodded at me, a towel wrapped around his waist. his hair was wet - he smelled so good.

"i told you that you could wear some of my brother's clothes," my gaze lingered on the abrasion just above his chest. "do you want to tell me what happened to you?"