⤷ 9

my pulse went up as he stood there staring at me. what would he do?

he couldn't do anything to me, that much was clear. when i got over the shock, i walked back to hina and yuzuha with my eyes downcast.

"where's ryunousuke?" hinata asked, confused, as i sat down across from the girls so i had takashi's back and didn't have to look at him.

"uh, he had to go" i grabbed a bag of nachos.

yuzuha glanced over my shoulder and then immediately looked down "takashi is here"

"yes, i know"

"..with a girl"

"what?" i wheeled around. indeed. i hadn't noticed her at all. a girl with pink hair and a piercing in her nose had her arm around takashi's waist and was talking to him with a bottle of beer in her hand. he looked down at her smiling, his hand around her shoulder. a rage rose up in me again and i tried not to kill takashi with glances when he turned around and looked at me.

immediately, i turned around and acted as if nothing had happened.

"he is looking at you" hina mumbled.

i shrugged my shoulders, shoving a nacho in my mouth.

"still" yuzuha giggled and i snorted.

"can you guys please stop staring at him?"

"sorry" they said at the same time, averted their gaze.

"but, uh, he keeps looking over at you" hina updated me and i hissed.

"stop looking at him"

"sorry about that"

her look caused a queasy feeling in my stomach and i couldn't help but feel like i was being watched so i couldn't take it anymore.

"this party is really boring, i'm going home. all i can do here is let a disturbed boy stare at me and get bored"

yuzuha looked down "well.. not anymore. he's gone"

i turned around and saw that where he had been standing before was now another couple making out.

"i'll go anyway. sorry" i hugged them both.

"okay..see you monday then"

smiling at the both of them, i pushed my way through the crowd to the toilet. sighing, i leaned against the wall next to the loo.

then, finally, the toilet door burst open and i immediately pushed myself in front of it. as i was about to go in, i stumbled and someone caught me.

"thank you" i said hastily and then froze when i realized who it was.

"no problem" takashi grinned. full of panic i pushed him out of the bathroom, slammed the door behind him.

"are you okay, y/n?" he sounded amused as he knocked on the door. he would be waiting out there for me to come out, that was for sure. desperately i looked around for an escape route, and my gaze fell on the window.

thank god the bathroom was on the lowest floor. still, i was apprehensive as i sat down on the edge, my legs dangling down. and yet, the increasingly loud knocking on the door made me jump.

the impact wasn't as bad as i expected. i landed softly on my feet and walked crouched along the wall, to the front of the bus stop. that was close.

"isn't that takashi's girl?" i turned around, startled, as a hand grabbed my shoulder.

i looked into the faces of two of takashi's friends.

"your brother still owes us money" one of them pressed out between clenched teeth.

"peh, chill. hey y/n please make sure takeru has it delivered to us by monday, okay?" whispered a blue haired one and i nodded in response.

the two quietly walked away, tears streamed from the corners of my eyes as i watched them go.

"okay, calm down y/n. everything is okay. why are you scared" i tried to tell myself.

my phone vibrated and i saw a message from takashi.

"meet me in the park monday evening."