Chapter 18

(This is Holden's POV and we have skipped a head to graduation day for Brook and Harvey.)

"Are you ready?" mom asked.

"Just about." I said fixing my tie.

"Where is Lucas?" She asked.

"He'll be here calm down." I said laughing. You would think she was the one graduating.

"I hope...." she was cut off by the door bell. "I'll get it she said.

I finished fixing the last minute things before going to the living room to see what mom and Lucas were doing. I had really gotten lucky my mom loved Luc. When I walked in my heart stopped. He looked  absolutely breath taking. His hair had been freshly cut making him look a little older he had on a nice yellow button up and a green tie. That was our school colors, gross I know. But it some how made his eyes stand out. 

"You look so beautiful." I whispered in his ear once we were walking out to his truck. We were following my mom to the school for the ceremony.

"You look so sexy." He said blushing.

"See you two there." My mom yelled out.

"Okay, mom." I said before getting in the truck. 

"So she's leaving tomorrow, right?" He asked.

"Tuesday, tomorrow she is throwing a party for Brook. Did you want to come? It is a last minute thing." I told him.

"Um... sure." He said looking a little uneasy.

"I have to be there but you don't if you don't want to." I told him.

"I can come for a little while but I have to work at three." He said.

"Fine and when you get off if you want you can come back or I can leave and come spend some time with you." I said smiling at him. 

"Sounds like  a plan." He said I could tell he wasn't to sure about it. Slowly he is coming out of his shell but this maybe pushing it a little. Landon and Lacey have been bringing friends over more and more and he is doing better with interacting with most of them. Landon tries not to bring any around that were involved with the bullying and Lacey is doing the same. But he still tries to stay to himself when everyone is there unless I am with him.

"My mom is letting Brook take a whole month to travel before she has to go to college. Her and some of her old friends from our old school and a few of her new ones are going on a road trip in an RV." I told him.

"That sounds like fun. I wouldn't mind doing that." He  said smiling.

"Maybe next year we can do that. I would love to see the ocean maybe New York and I would love to go to Washington D.C. and see the White House." I said.

"I would like to go to Canada or Mexico just so I can say I have been to another country." He said.

"I like that. I have never been out of the country either." I said getting excited.

"It would cost a lot of money." He said with a sigh.

"My mom is paying for my sister to go so she would pay for me to do the same so all we have to do is save up what ever money we can so we know we have enough." I said know how much he hates to spend money.

"I can start another savings account for it so I know I have the money. Without having to pay rent I have a little extra money now plus I make more at this job then I did at my last one." He said sounding a little better.

We pulled into the school parking lot and it was packed to the gills with nice cars and parents, grandparents and students. Luc found a place that we could park and my mom could park next to us.  The three of us walked into the gym and found seats. I don't know why they would have this shit in the gym it was hot outside and twice as hot in the gym.