Chapter 17

"Wake up you guys, Gran's going to be here in about twenty minutes." Lace yelled through my door as she pounded on it. Holden and I have been up talking for about an hour but we were still in bed cuddling.

"We will be out in about ten." Holden yelled back to her after covering my eyes. His voice vibrated his chest making me giggle.

"What's so funny?" He asked looking down at me.

"It tickled when you yelled." I said sitting up and rubbing my ear.

"Sorry about that." He said clearly not sorry.

"Let's get up." I said and started to pull the covers off of us.

"I wish we didn't have too." He said yawning.

"It was your bright idea to watch the sun rise." I said with a smirk.

"Well we did watch it set last night so why not watch it rise in the morning." He said pulling me back on top of him so he could kiss me. I let a moan escape my lips before I could stop it. I felt him smile before breaking the kiss.

"We should get ready." I said blushing like an idiot and smiling like a fool.

"Yeah, but I will make you make that sound later." He said jumping out of bed and heading for the bathroom leaving me to blush even more before getting dressed.

We all made it up to the main house before Grandmother showed. Dad looked just as upset as I felt. My stomach was in knots and I felt the need to run but Holden was keeping me in my seat.

"She's here." Lacey said bouncing up and down before running out the door. Holden squeezed my hand trying to calm me down.

"Welcome, Bee." dad said once Lacey and Grandmother walked in the door.

"Thank you, Jim" (Okay I don't know if I had given the dad a name or not if so I couldn't find it so if I did I am now changing it to Jim, sorry and thanks.) Grandmother said shaking his hand.

"Let me show Gran around before we have lunch." Lace said.

"Okay, that will give me time to finish it." Dad said.

"So far I have to say this is a lovely place." Grandmother said.

"I love this house Gran, wait until you see the rest." Lace said pulling her out of the kitchen and into the living room. We all watched as she drug her from room to room until they headed up the stairs.

I helped dad finish making the sandwiches and we made a veggie tray with different dips. Landon and Holden set the table and put ice tea and lemon aide out for everyone. I could hear Lace and Grandmother walking and talking through out the house making me even more nervous that they would soon be back down here.

"Lunch is ready." Landon yelled. I quickly went and sat next to Holden and grabbed his hand. He knew that my Grandmother kind of scared me so he just squeezed my hand and reassured me that everything was going to be okay.

Once everyone was seated Dad started to pass the plate with sandwiches on it. We all took our fill and did the same with the macaroni salad. Lacey and Landon chatted with Grandmother while the rest of us stayed quiet. 

"I would like to start off by saying how sorry I am on how I treated you Lucas and you Jim. I can't not believe that I believed everything that came out of my daughters mouth. Becca (again I looked everywhere to see if I had given Luc's mom a name and couldn't find it so Becca is it from here on out if I did give her a name sorry if not well now you know.) has always been like this. I thought for sure she would have grown up by now. And I honestly though she had changed once she was married and had the triplets. I used to see right through her selfishness. It breaks my heart that she has done all of this and I have missed out on so much of my grandson's life." Grandmother said.