Chapter 3

Hell yes, it's Friday. School, work and Harvey. I really need to have a good day. I have the rest of my finals today and took all morning to study so I am hoping I pass. By time I was done with the last final I thought my brain was going to leak out of my ears. I was really hungry but didn't dear go to the lunch room. I decided to suffer. I would eat before or after work. Maybe Harvey and I will go out to eat.

I had enough time to stop and grab something to eat before I got to work. Friday's were always busy so I had to kind of eat on the run. When I had an hour left and all the returns put back Holden came in. He was by himself and looking fucking hot. He picked out a romantic comedy. I had watched it in the store and really liked it.

"Hey, how's it going?" He asked handing me the movie.

"It's been busy tonight but it is every Friday. Thank goodness it is almost closing time." I said.

"Hot date?" He asked.

"Kind of." I said blushing.

"That's cool who is the lucky girl?" He asked smiling.

"Lucky boy." I corrected.

"Really, that's cool. Does he go to our school?" He asked.

"Yeah, he's a senior." I said.

"Excuse me but could you help me find the new Adam Sandler movie?" Some asked before I could tell him about Harvey.

"Give me one second to finish this and I will be right with you." I said. I finished ringing up Holden and said good bye before going to help the lady find her movie.

The rest of the night went that way and by time I was ready to close I was tired. I hope Harvey didn't have anything to big planned. I would love to curl up and watch a movie to be honest. With a quick clean up I locked the doors and headed for my truck. The bowling ally was down the road so I didn't have far to go. I pulled into the parking lot and waited for Harvey to come out. He was the shoe checker at the bowling ally. He hated the job but his dad got it for him so he stuck with it.

I watched him come out he always took off his work shirt as he walked out the door. I thought it was sexy as hell to watch. He was handsome. Tall, blond hair and brown eyes. He wasn't to built but he had a nice ass body to me. 

"Hey" he said coming to my truck.

"Hey, so who's car are we taking or did you want me to follow you?" I asked.

"I thought we would just go get something to eat and then call it a night. I really need to talk to you." He said smiling at me. The smile seemed fake or forced. I didn't like where this was going.

"You want to drive or do you want me too?" I asked.

"I will" he said.

"Okay" I said getting out and locking up my truck. I followed him to his little car and got in. It smelled just like him. He got in checked his watch and then started the car. Was he timing this?  I really didn't like this. My stomach was in knots. He never acts like this. He drove to Sonic and parked. We looked over the menu but I really wasn't that hungry. So I ordered fries. After he ordered and we got our food he turned and faced me.

"I have been doing a lot of thinking the last month or so and I think I want to leave for college this year. I know I said I would wait but if I go now I can be graduated and starting my career before I turn 23. I really don't want to wait." He said. My heart fell. 

"What about us?" I asked.

"I don't know. I mean I love you but I don't know if I am still in love with you. Our lives are so different and we never see each other as it is. We both work a lot and we don't have any classes together." He said. Nothing has changed since we had started going out. We have both always worked and we have never had a class together. So something else was up.