Chapter 1 Strange Occurrence

** Note: All characters are aged up by 2 years. Takemichi is in 1st year HS. Mickey/Draken in 2nd year HS. When 'older kids' are mentioned they are referring to teens in their 3rd and final year of high school.

** Image is what I imagine Kairi to look like. 

**I have dyslexia so sometimes when I am writing the words I write they will be switched up in the process or some other errors will appear. I am so sorry for that. And even if I try to reread my story before I publish I will miss things too. If anyone finds something misspelt please let me know and I will fix it ^-^ thank you to those who have already done so! 

- - - - - 

May 9th, 2005

"Whoa, who is that hottie? A new student?"

I could hear the whispers all around me in the halls of Mizo High School. I was aware of the stares I was receiving from the students that were still gathered to chat with their friends before classes would begin.

"Damn. I wouldn't mind a little taste."

Gross.

It was no wonder that the previous owner of this body hid herself behind layers of clothing if the guys were this disgusting in the school. But I wasn't scared like she was. Or fragile. I didn't need to hide away like I didn't even exist.

Though, I feel kind of bad for her.

The previous owner of this body, Hanagaki Kairi, was like me in my previous life in so many ways. We had the same looks, the same name. It was like she was my identical twin. But she and I were nothing alike when it came to our living situation. Her father was always away on business while her mother was also busy with her work. Leaving her younger brother, Hanagaki Takemichi, to turn into a delinquent without proper supervision. Kairi was troubled with multiple mental health issues. She had been bullied almost all her life to the point that her own self-loathing and isolation broke her. Which is how I came to be the new owner of this body of hers.

I was a national martial arts champion with loving parents that encouraged me in my dream to become an international champion someday. I wasn't like most girls my age at the time. I loved to fight and I was good at it. I often spent hours upon hours training my body.

I am still not really sure what happened to me. I missed a few days of school pretending I was sick at home to try to figure things out. I knew that this wasn't a dream. I also tried to google myself on social media. I was the Japanese National Martial Arts Champion. I'd often get interviewed. I wanted to know what had happened to my own body. Had I died?

I never found anything about me. Nothing at all. It was as if the Hanagaki Kairi I had been never even existed. After thinking it over and getting over my shock, I came to the conclusion that I must have somehow come to an alternate earth.

I know. The idea is ridiculous. But if you had gone to sleep one night and woken up to see the reflection of a scrawny looking girl with untamed hair instead of your own well-trained body and clean cut hair you'd be thinking the same thing. It was the only thing that could make sense.

May 5th was the day that Kairi committed suicide and I took possession of her body. Since then, I decided that instead of staying home that I would make an effort to live her forgotten life for her. There was no way for me to go back to living mine. It was the only thing I could do. So, I fixed my hair and clothes. I made an effort in my appearance and in those short days I also began to train as I normally would.

Let me tell you, I have never in my life got as winded as I did while training with her body. She was severely out of shape.

Four days and I haven't exactly gotten all that far in training this new body.