Chapter 15

Picture of Cheerio
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Ok I get why, but I am still asking. Why haven't you talked to Zœ in two weeks?" Zara asked me.

"Because she was making excuses for that lady!"

"Yeah"

Zara and I were on the bus heading to school, before Zœ got on. It was the third week of school and today was our first Spanish class. Neither Zara or I like Spanish so we were not looking forward to our day.

Zœ got on, walked to section B and sat down. Zara and I were in section D so Zœ knew I was mad at her.

"You should really try and talk to her, I know she was tired and grumpy, maybe she didn't really mean it," Zara said.

"Yeah I guess your right," I replied.

We pulled up at school and Zara and I headed to our lockers to get ready for our first classes. My first class was Religion, and Zara's was English.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The day flew by do fast and before I knew it it was lunch time.

"Have you talked to Zœ yet?" Zara immediately asked me.

"Not yet, but I will as soon as she walks in here"

A few minutes later Zœ walks into the cafeteria and I walk over to her.

"Zœ, I am sorry I over reacted, can we be friends again?"

"Yeah, and I am also sorry for making excuses for that lady"

"You want to sit with Zara and I?"

"Yeah!"

We ate lunch and Zœ caught me up on what had happened over the last two weeks. Zœ and I had Math, PE, and Spanish in the afternoon together. Zara also had Spanish with us.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Welcome back everyone to math, today we will work on a review of last year, we will review decimals!''

Suddenly, the principal came over the speaker in the room.

"Can Zœ and Asha, from room 106 please come to the office?"

Zœ and I gave each other a look of terror, before collecting our things and heading to the office.

"Hello Asha, hello Zœ," the principal greeted us.

I saw my mom, Zœ's mom and...... Amy? In the corner of the office.

My first thought was that a horse died, luckily, Amy broke the silence.

"You both know that a few weeks ago, you went to the beach. However, you may not know that while you were all gone, Rising Star got loose in the group of mares. Jacob did not realize this until later, and Star bred a mare," Amy stated.

"Ok, but how does this have anything to do with me?" Zœ questioned.

"The horse that will have a baby," here Amy looked up,"Is Joi"

Zœ looked like she was going to faint. I ran to her and hugged her. A week ago, my mom gave me Star, now he was going to have a baby! Ok he wasn't going to have a baby Joi was, but he was going to be the sire!

"Zœ can you believe this?"

"No!"

We hugged each other really ight then the principal had to ruin it.

"Girls, I know you are really excited, but you have to back to class"

Zœ and I said good bye to our parents and Amy, then headed back to the class room. We were super giddy all the way back to room 106, but when we walked in the room, all went silent.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Hola, Como estas!"

All of us automatically replied, ''Muy bien, gracias!"

Zara, Zœ and I chose seats right next to each other and really didn't listen the entire class. We mainly talked about Joi's and Star's baby, and what we were going to name it and stuff like that. Then a thought occurred to me.

"Who's going to own the foal?'' I quietly whispered to Zœ.

"I don't know"

"Let's decide later"

~•~•~•~•~~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

As soon as the three of us got to my house, we sprinted inside and switched clothing. We wanted to go see Joi as soon as possible. The three of scampered down to the barns where we flew into her stall, and stated examining her belly. Zoe, Zara, and I hung out and rode our horses, working on dressage and just playing around. Too quickly, they had to leave and I said "good bye" to them.

After they left itt was about 4:30 so I had enough time to work Dawn, Gunner and Onyx. Lately, Gunner was doing amazing! He was jumping about a meter comfortbly. The highest I had jumped him was 3'6. Onyx on the other hand, was still jumpind two foot. She dumped me about fifteen times in the last three weeks.

I grabbed Dawn from her run and brought her to the arena. As we were passing Rising Star's stall, Dawn nickered and looked longingly at him. So I grabbed him as well. Today, I wanted to see if Dawn had a chance at being a jumper. Star was tied to the outside rail so he would be out of the way.

I set up a simple 18 inch cross rail for her to start with. Swinging the wip at her made her pick up a smooth canter, and she popped over it with no problem! Dawn went over it a few more times each way then I raised the jump to about two foot. She had a really nice tuck and sailed clean over it. After awhile, I called her good and let her cool out.

Star was still patiently waiting for me at the gate so I let him in when I took Dawn out. Dawn earned a good brush down and a few cookies, then I put her away and went to get Star.

When I reached the arena, I saw a horse flying around the arena. After a closer inspection, I realized it was Star! He was an amazing jumper! Even though the jump wasn't very big it was still a jump! Star had never jumped before, and now he had amazing jumping form!

I crawled under the fence, and raise the jump up to two foot. Star started straight towards it, and flew over it like it was nothing. He flew around it a few more times before I raised it to a risky three foot jump.

Star had good speed and his striding was perfect, he was taking off. And everything went on slow motion. His perfect form, the grace of how he soared over it, and how he was totally focused.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

As I lay in bed I felt like something was wrong. I don't know why, but I knew I had to be down at the barn as soon as possible.

I opened a barn door as quietly as possible, and turned on some of the dimmer lights. I didn't even have to look, it was Sky. The horses were freaking out, and we needed a vet fast. I ran back inside.

"Mom!!"

After a few seconds, I called again.

"MOM!!"

In less than thirty seconds my mom was down the stairs and out the door. I didn't even need to tell her what happened. All I had to do was look at her...

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^