Chapter 8

I have a surprise for you.

We walked out side to the trailer and I looked inside. And staring back at me was Dawn! She looked really nervous but it was Dawn!! I knew she was happy to be back too! I was curious how she got released from there two weeks early. My mom can read my mind.

"She was freaking out there and they thought she would recover better here as long as we keep the area around her clean and make sure there isn't any dust"

"I will do all of the work for her"

"Remember you also have three more horses coming tomorrow so I will have to do some of the work"

"Oh yeah, can I get her out?'"

"Sure, lets put her next to the tack room in the stall that's empty so it shouldn't be as dusty"

"OK"

I walked the nervous Dawn into the quarantine stall so she wouldn't be around as much dust. She was extremely nervous and as I was walking her to her stall my mom tried to pet her but she shied away from her hand. I was really wondering about what Zara had said earlier if she only liked me how would we train her? Then we would have to re home her which would be almost impossible if no one with out a fight could touch her. I didn't know what we were going to do but I figured I could think about that in the future. I lead her into the stall took of her lead rope and walked out and closed the door behind me. As I walked away Dawn nickered at me.

I went back inside to hang out with Zara. Then we had dinner and hung out in the barn until 10:30 when we had to go to bed. We changed into our horsie PJ's and crawled in bed.

I waited until Zara was asleep and my mom was in bed before I snuck out of my room and out of the house. I walked down the gravel path from my house to the barn into Dawn's stall. I grabbed her halter and put it on her. then I lead her out of her stall into our main pasture.

Then I tried something I had never dared to do before. I grabbed a handful of mane and sung myself up on Dawn. She flung her head up but other wise stayed still. I had forgotten how skinny she still was. I didn't want to stress her lungs or her any so I just asked her to walk. We walked around for awhile with her in a collected frame without me even asking her to.

"May be you were a Dressage horse" I whispered

She nickered so I took that as a yes. We walked around for a few more minutes then I swung off her and put her back in her stall. Sneaking back to the house I managed to go in through the kitchen with our a sound and crawl back into bed. My head barely hit my pillow before I was asleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I woke up the next morning to the sound of a truck and trailer pulling in to our drive way. I looked out the window and looked at the trailer it said Jumping For The Joy of it. I realized that it was my training horses. I looked at my clock 11:00 already!! Just then Zara woke up.

"Zara!! The trailer is already here!!"

"What already? Let's get going!"

We scrambled for our clothes and made it out of the house in record time, about two minutes. Zara and I grabbed a granola bar before we sprinted out of the house.

"Hello Brittany"

"Hi Asha.You ready to meet the horses you will be training?"

"Yes!!" I squeal

She opens the trailer and pulls out three horses and ties them to the side of the trailer.

"The first one here is Hot Shot but his barn name is Gunner, the second one is Golden Star or Gold and the final one you see is Black Diamond also known as Onyx. I know she isn't black but her Sire was Black Bird and her Dam was Diamond so it was a combination between their names"