03

Sage's POV:

My mate is a part of the group that has been capturing Omegas. However, I don't think he's the mastermind and I don't think he wants to harm anyone.

We met up with the Eastern Mountain pack earlier today and they were eager to attack and had claimed that the prisoners said there weren't many people in the pack and that many of the Alphas wouldn't even fight and would most likely flee. We decided to leave as soon as possible because they feared for the Omegas and wanted to get them away as soon as possible.

When we arrived and surrounded the pack, we waited for hours to understand the space and how big their land was. It was surprisingly really small and every building was short and concrete. There were a group of cocky Alphas talking and other Alphas who were silent and gave off an uneasy aura.

I assumed the quiet ones were the workers and the cocky ones were the leaders that were running the show. We were told that the leaders were in complete control and there were about fifteen of them with one ultimate leader who I wanted to punish for hurting so many Omegas.

We infiltrated and the battle only lasted for about twenty minutes. As we reached the end of it, I was shocked to see the leaders giving up and attacking the Alphas who tried to run away and flee, as the Eastern Mountain pack had said they would.

I witnessed the death of a man who was running aside another and then I caught the scent that I'd been longing to smell for years.

An evil wolf was about to kill my mate.

I acted quickly against orders, as my orders were to get the Omegas to our designated safe space, but I was not going to let my mate go. I killed the attacking Alpha and made sure he felt pain as he slowly choked on his own blood.

My mate looked shocked and horrified. He shifted soon after, his ashy grey fur glowing in the moonlight with blood splattered all over it. It wasn't his own; all of it was from the puddles of blood all over the forest floor.

He followed me and stopped at the body of his friend, mourning for a brief second before I urged him to leave. He joined with the group of Alphas that we had surrounded, but I stayed by his side.

The poor thing is terrified even now, but it makes sense. He's surrounded by unknown people who just worked to kill most of his leaders. Unfortunately, their head leader escaped and so had some of the other wolves who were looking to flee.

He will be a problem in the future, I already know that, but for now I want to focus on my mate, the terrified Alphas, and the Omegas.

We get back to our pack just past midnight, as it's closer than the Eastern Mountain pack so their warriors will stay the night in our pack, some guarding a house with the Omegas and the others keeping watch on the Alphas.

Once we're back, most of us, including myself, shift back and change our clothes in order to state what's going on.

My mom takes the lead. "Omegas, please follow our three warriors here," she says, nodding to a group of warriors that includes two Beta leaders and an Alpha leader. "Alphas, with them."

Nolan and two other Alphas take them to a large house where they will stay for the night, but I keep my mate with me.

Of course, because my mom doesn't know that this is my mate, she gives me a confused look.

"Sage, why is this Alpha not following?" she inquires, glaring at my mate who steps behind me.

"He's my mate and I want him with me," I tell her dryly. "I saved him from one of those Alpha leaders who tried to kill him."