10 - Why me?

Hey, I’m so sorry I took so long!! But here it is!
_____________
I woke up in a dark room. I was on something soft: a bed. I got slowly but slammed back down on the bed because my head was pounding like hell.

Where was I? I’m not in my own bed. I could smell something: alcohol.

“Erghh…” I groaned. I finally got the courage to sit up. I was in a small bedroom.

Everything from last night came flooding in.

“Oh god, DAMON! DAMON WHERE ARE YOU!?” I stood up, even though I couldn’t walk properly I ran out of the room. Down the hall way of the building.

I flew down a flight of stairs. Then realised where I was. The bar from last night. I saw the bartender from last night.

“EXCUSE ME! Um where has Damon gone?” I asked.

She looked at me blankly.

“Damon Salvatore, where is he?” I repeated.

She gave me an envelope and walked away.

I looked down and my name was printed on it.

Ellie,
I think you already know who this is. I can’t do this, this is not who I am. I am sorry, I know it’s hard coming from a letter and you may think it all means nothing. I am. I know you have questions, but I can’t answer them. Yes, you’re mother’s right. I did lie, about a lot. Just forget me. Everything’s fine how it is now. Please don’t look for me again.

Love,
Damon.

“What…?” No… He’s gone… Again?

I collapsed on the ground in tears.

___

“Where have you been!?” Dan yelled.

“Please don’t yell.” I replied.

“What? You’ve been drinking haven’t you!”

“Dan, leave it alone.”

“It’s that Damon Salvatore isn’t it!? I knew he was trouble. Where is he now? I’m telling him to leave my LITTLE sister alone!” He grabbed his keys.

“I don’t know…”

“DON’T LIE TO ME. Where is he!?”

“I don’t know okay! He left! He’s gone, forever! He left a stupid note that didn’t explain anything okay! Are you happy!? He has gone and left me here alone.” Tears slid down my cheek. I couldn’t stop them, they just kept rolling and rolling.

“Ellie, do you want me to-” He started.

“Don’t.” I walked off into my room.

“Why me? Why does this shit happen to me?” I muttered.

I put my phone on the charger. 34 missed calls.

I scrolled through them, most of them were from Dan but a few were from Stefan.

I can’t deal with this. I need to sleep. I knew what to do, I wasn’t going to be some stupid ‘little’ sister anymore. Oh no, I’m going to be so much more.

___

I decided to walk to school; my brother wouldn’t let me leave the house looking like this.

Once I stepped into the school building I had every pair of eyes on me. Well you could see a lot of me. I saw guys slid their eyes up and down my body. I was wearing a very short leather skirt, with a tank top that only came down to my belly button, my hair was straightened so it was long and luscious. I also packed on the make up.

“E-e-ellie?” I heard Stefan.

“Yes Stefan?”

“Can we uh talk please?”

“Oh sure Stefan.” I winked and walked into an empty classroom.

“So what happened with Damon yesterday?” He asked looking at his feet.

“Oh Damon is so yesterday. I’m looking for a new man.” I took a step closer.

“W-what are you doing?” Stefan asked.

“Shh, don’t talk.”

I slid my hands around his neck and through his hair. I traced my finger along his lips.

“I’ll see you later.” I whispered leaving him there with his eyes closed.

I stepped back into the hall and it was empty. Crap I was late for class. I ran for the room and arrived a couple minutes later. I opened the door and tried to sneak in without the teacher seeing, but too late.

“Your late.” He snapped.

“I’m sorry.” I replied heading for a seat at the back.

I caught a guy looking at me. I winked.

My phone buzzed.

Stefan: Where did you go?
Me: Class silly.
Stefan: Oh right, duh. Want to meet for lunch?
Me: No thanks. I have plans.

I was only teasing Stefan I was never going to be with him.

Stefan: After school?
Me: Maybe.
Stefan: Okay good! We can talk about stuff. Bye.

Haha oh yeah ‘stuff’ jeez. Even vampires were as bad as hormonal boys.

I put my phone away and tried to focus on class.

____

Third period I found myself in the girls’ toilets.

“I can do this. I can do this.” I repeated.

I hadn’t even been here a day and I was almost breaking down. Who was I trying to kid? Putting on a short skirt and eyeliner wasn’t going to make me forget about him.

Only if he would come back to me. There would be no way I could find him. Maybe if I did something that would make him come back. Oh I had the perfect idea.

I walked out of the toilets and head straight for Stefan’s class. I walked in and grabbed Stefan by the head and kissed him.

I was a genius.
________
Hey guys, this book has probably only got a few more chapters left in it! :( I might write a sequel though. Would you guys what one? Anyway, again I’m sorry I took so long to upload! Please forgive me!