12 - I love you.

Hey hey, here it is!!!
_____________________

I couldn’t believe it was actually him, I mean it was him but he was here and I was in the arms of his brother. The look in his eyes almost made me fall to the ground in tears. He looked like someone had stolen his heart, stomped on it then given it back. I mean, he left right? I shouldn’t feel so bad, right?

I let go of Stefan’s hand to run after Damon.

“No, Ellie please stay with me.” Stefan whispered.

“I have to see Damon.”

“You have to choose, please choose me.”

He’s making me choose between him and Damon? I can’t choose.

“You have to, you can’t have us both. It’s not fair.” He said grabbing my hand again.

“I’m sorry Stefan…” I slipped away and saw a tear running down his cheek.

I ran through the crowd I couldn’t find Damon. I ran all the way to the car park and he was still nowhere to be seen.

He was gone.

Why would he just leave like that? Without even talking about it?

“ERGHHH!” I yelled in frustration. “Why me?”

I couldn’t miss anymore class so I walked back into school, towards my locker. I thought I’d get my books out and be a bit early to class.

I wasn’t looking where I was going and I bumped into something hard. De ja vu.

It was Damon.

“DAMON! Eh, what are you doing?” I stepped back.

“Why him? Why Stefan?” He yelled.

“Damon, give me a chance to explain.”

“I was going away to give you a normal life! I left because I loved you enough to not want you messed up with this! Then you go behind my back and get with my brother!?”

“Don’t you dare say I went behind your back? You left me! How could you do that! Do you know how much that hurt me!? If I wanted to try and move on I could!” I yelled back.

“You could have chosen anyone but Stefan!”

“I did it because I wanted you to come back for me! For you to realise that I AM actually worth it, that I do mean enough for you! But obviously I was wrong.” I walked away and he didn’t come after me. He didn’t even say a word as I walked down the hallway, alone with tears running down my cheeks.

______

“I did it because I wanted you to come back for me! For you to realise that I AM actually worth it, that I do mean enough for you! But obviously I was wrong.” She cried as she walked away.

I didn’t go after her. I couldn’t. What was I meant to say?

I loved her with every part of me. Maybe Stefan is a better fit for her? I mean all I’ll do is probably hurt her.

I turned and left.

___

I walked slowly into my house. Not sure what has really happened, I mean a lot has happened in a short time? I think three different guys have told me they have feelings for them? And I broke all three hearts; I think I am now officially the worst person in the world.

I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom. I haven’t seen Dad in a while… has he even noticed what’s been going on with me? I need to talk to someone. I can’t bottle all this up, because I will just explode one day.

I need to get away, I can’t think straight like this. I grabbed one of my sports bags and put random clothes, toiletries and one blanket. I headed for the front door.

I started walking; I wasn’t sure where I just needed to get away.

I headed towards school; it had started to get dark. I didn’t have anywhere else to go. How sad is that? I went to my locker to get my sports top out and an envelope dropped out.

I picked it up slowly and read;

Dear my darling Ellie,

I know I have left you letters before then disappeared. I’m sorry but this time it’s different. I was wrong to come back. I was wrong to tell you I loved you. Most of all, I was wrong for thinking we could be together.

How do you think our relationship would work? We can’t get married nor have children. I don’t have any family for you to meet apart from Damon. You would get sick of me and then it would be too late for you to live your own life.

If you want to be with my brother; go ahead. If you want to be with your best friend; go ahead. If you want to be with me though, if you are willing to take the chance. Find me. I know I shouldn’t be saying this, I know I should leave and never, ever come back. I can’t though, I’m too selfish. I want you Ellie.

If you find me before I leave, I will love you like you have never been loved. If however you don’t want  to be with me. I’ll understand.

Love always,

Damon Salvatore.
x

I hadn’t realised but I had started to cry. I don’t know why, I wasn’t particularly happy or sad. I just needed to cry and let my feelings out.

All of a sudden I snapped, if I wanted to be with him I had to find him now!

I ran out of the school as fast as I could, and there standing where Damon had first met me/almost killed me, he was standing. He was staring up towards the moon. He knew that I would know where to come. He could sense it somehow.

“Damon!” I yelled.

He whipped his head around. He saw me standing there. He smiled, not a smirk but a real smile.

I ran towards him, he didn’t move. He let me choose this decision. I ran with all I had.

“Damon, I’m sorry! I’m sorry about everyone.” I told him.

“Shh, it’s okay.”

“No Damon it’s not. I love you. More than I have ever loved anyone before. I may have feelings for Stefan, or for Jake. But let me tell you, it’s nothing compared to what I feel for you. You seriously make me the happiest girl alive Damon.” I whispered.

“You don’t know how happy that makes me feel. I love you Ellie Montana. I do.” He replied.

He lifted my chin and kissed me softly.

Ah, yes. This is what a real kiss feels like.

___________

I broke away and looked down at my beautiful girl. How did I get so lucky? She is amazing in every way I thought to myself.

The way she looks at me, just make my not even real heart, want to jump out of my chest.

Let’s just say, I will die for this human. For my human; Ellie Montana.

I, Damon Salvatore, have fallen in love with a human. Yes it’s true, and I’m not ashamed of it.

_______

BAM, and they’re back together. Phew!
tell me your thoughts guys!! x