8 - I don't love you, the hardest words I could say

I dedicated this to StoryReader1996 because you are defiantly my number one fan for this book! :D

Here it is! Sorry it took awhile!

_____

"I've been looking for you." Slurred Jake.

"Oh, well you've been drinking I see." I laughed.

"I have always loved you, Ellie. I just never wanted to ruin our friendship by telling you that I love you. As in I am in love with you." 

I was purely in shock.

"Jake...." I started.

"Don't just kiss me, I know you feel the same." He told me.

I did. I kissed him, it was slower then the first time. He pulled back.

"Have we kissed before? It feels almost familiar." He asked.

Oh that's right, Damon told him to forget everything. Maybe he did some kind of vampire spell or something.

"No, we haven't." I lied.

We kissed again. It didn't feel right, I felt a tinge of guilt on my behalf.

"No Jake, we can't. Your my best friend." I said as I ran out of the closet.

I couldn't understand what I was thinking. I liked kissing Jake, but it didn't feel right. It wasn't like kissing Dam- No I'm not even gonna say it. I couldn't be with him, I just couldn't.

I didn't know what to do, should I just leave the party and go home? No I couldn't do that to my best friend, even if we were just kissing five minutes ago.

I walked down the stairs, feel the effect of the alcohol wearing off. I was trying to push past people when I walked into something hard. I looked up. Damon.

"Damon please, don't." I begged.

"No you listen to me. I have never loved anyone as much as I love you, I can't stop thinking about you. I know I did something horrible, I was different then. You have changed me. Now if you look me in the eye and tell me you don't love me I will leave and won't come back, I promise." His eyes were pleading.

The music stopped all of a sudden as everyone wanted to hear what I was going to say. I couldn't do this. It was too hard.

"Damon I-" 

"Just say it."

"Damon... I don't love you." I ran out of house bawling my eyes out. If I thought walking out on him upstairs hurt, that was nothing compared to what I was feeling now. Especially his face. He was seriously broken. It was the biggest lie I have ever told anyone, I almost told him the truth, I couldn't. Could I just forget that he was a killer?

It took me awhile to get home, but eventually I made it. 

__

There was banging on my door. Loud banging.

"Ellie time for school, now get up! I'm taking you and I don't want to be late today!" Dan yelled.

Eh, school. I didn't want to go. I just wanted to stay in my bed forever. I knew that wasn't going to happen. I got up, put on some trackies and just a casual top. I really didn't care what I looked like. I grabbed a hoodie, and chucked my hair up into a pony tail. Well I'm as ready as I can ever be.

"Oh, did you not hear me say 'were going now'?" Dan said.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I mumbled walking out the door to his car.

"Oh okay.. It's just you usually wear um, different clothes." 

"Shut up and lets go." I growled.

We didn't talk on the way to school, it was weird. We were always talking.

Dan stopped the car once we got to school and I got out. I didn't wait for him. I wasn't in the mood. I zipped my hoodie up and pulled the hood up so it was covering half my face.

Nobody really looked in my direction when I was walking to my locker, thank god.

I got my books out, and headed to class. I sat at the back in my normal seat. The chair next to me squeaked. Great Jake's here. I looked over, no scratch that. Not Jake. Stefan.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Eh, sitting here?" He replied.

"Well move. That seat's taken." I said coldly. I didn't want to sit next to a vampire.

"Too bad, we need to sort this project out." He said.

"Your kidding me? There is no way I am going camping in the woods with a blood sucker." I scoffed.

"Look if you want to pass this class you will have to get over that speed bump, I'm not like Damon. I'm different. I don't like like he does."

"You're all the same. Now shut up." I growled.

Wow, I really wasn't in the mood today.

The teacher walked in.

"Okay morning class. Well done on everyones project expect Ellie and Stefan. I don't have your report back," He said.

"Uh, Mr Tutson I was hoping we could change partners or something?" I asked.

"Is there a problem?" He asked.

"No it's jus-" I started.

"Well good. You can do it tonight, and if you don't you will fail this class. Now next topic." Mr Tutson said, beginning on what we would do next.

What! No! I don't want to die! Near the end of class Stefan interupted my thoughts.

"Listen, I am different. I'm not like Damon." Stefan whispered.

"Well where is Damon anyway? Lurking around the carpark waiting for me?" I asked.

"No, actually. He kind of pack all his stuff up and said he wasn't come back. Better for everyone I think anyway, we don't need him around." Stefan whispered back as the bell went.

What? He was gone.. Why? Oh now I remember, he said he would leave me alone... Forever. I should be happy right? Then well why do I feel like a piece of my has gone...

______

Hey guys! Short chapter, I know. Only I hadn't written anything for this story for awhile, and I'm sorry about that! I have just come up with a few great ideas though. So more will be up soon! 

Thanks heaps! If you like it comment and tell me what you think :D