haven't you heard

most beautiful book you've ever read? fanfics or fics r non-fics or fantasy or yada yada, who is the one?

A cold winter gust of London air rattles through Harry as he makes his way from the taxi and into the building. He can almost taste the storm brewing. Not that Harry doesn't love winter here, it's just sometimes hard to go from a photo shoot in Ibiza to imminent snow at home. He slings his bags of photography equipment over his shoulder and rolls his suitcase past the ever broken lift until he reaches the staircase. He hauls his case and bags up two flights before cursing the day he talked Louis into renting this place. He can never complain about it unless he wants to hear Louis sing the "I Told You So" song. Louis even has a dance that goes with it. Such is life when your boyfriend is a drama teacher.

Harry sighs when he reaches the door to their flat and sees the door swung wide open. He knows it's not Louis who has left it this way. He's already texted to say he'd be late with last minute rehearsals for the school production of A Christmas Carol .

He drops his suitcase by the door and stores his equipment in the entryway closet before calling out at the intruder. "Niall! You here?"

"In here, mate!" Niall calls out.

Harry follows the voice into his own bedroom. "Niall, why are you going through my pants?" he asks as he watches Niall throw pairs of boxer briefs to the floor.

"Looking for chocolate. I know you hide it in here sometimes so Lou doesn't eat it all."

"I know this is pointless to point out yet again, but could you please not come in our home when we aren't around?"

Niall laughs. "Good one, Hazza. Well, well, well. What have we here?"

Harry slumps onto the bed. "Did you find chocolate then? Fine, take it."

Niall turns around, his eyes open wide. "No, but I found this!" Niall pops open a small jewelry box that holds a man's silver wedding band. "Is this what I think it is?" Niall says.

Harry pops up out of bed. "Niall! Fuck, you didn't see that, okay?"

"Oh, I saw it all right! Can't unsee that, mate!" Niall throws himself across the bed, still holding the box open peering at the ring with hearts in his eyes. "So when are we doing this? Do you have a plan? Let's plan it now!"

Harry snatches the box out of his hands. "Niall, I'm warning you. Do not interfere with this. I'm not telling you the plan. Just—pretend you didn't see this. And don't tell anyone, for fuck's sake."

Niall turns his lips upside down into a pout, his sad eyes pleading. "But Harry, I think we should really talk about how we're going to propose to Lou."

"Niall."

"Yes?"

"You're not proposing to Louis."

"Well, not all on my own. Of course not. You'll be there, too!"

"Niall!"

"What?"

"' We' are not proposing to Louis. I am proposing to Louis."

Niall sniffs. "Fine. I see how it is. Cutting me out of the fun--your oldest friend."

"You're not my oldest friend. We've only known you for the eight months we've lived in this flat."

Niall sniffs again. "Fine. Your best friend, then."

"Niall. Jesus, just please, don't say anything. To anyone. Please, I'm begging you. I want this to be a surprise. I want it to be perfect. So please, please just forget about this. Let me do this my way with no interference."