i just want to be your favourite

"I'm so nervous." Louis sighed, laying his head on the table. "What if my dom isn't even out there yet, mom? What if I have to wait ten years until he finally takes his test? Or what if he's too strict? What if-"

"Oh Lou," Jay, his mother, giggled to herself. She wiped her hands on the towel in front of her before walking toward her youngest child, holding her arms open for a hug which Louis gratefully accepted. "They aren't just going to be your Dom, whoever you get matched with will be your soulmate. Trust me, you'll be perfectly happy with them."

Louis accepted her assurance, breaking away from her and nervously playing with a bit of his fringe. "Do I look okay? I know you have to dress a bit nicely for the court." He was wearing a pair of black tights and a new sweater dress he received as an early birthday present, a pair of black boots on his feet.

"You look beautiful, baby." Jay rubbed at the back of his neck where the Sub marking laid. A white plus sign right in the middle, while Dom's were born with a black X on the back of their neck. "Come along, we need to get going. It's almost noon."

-

When they reached the courthouse Louis was still a nervous wreck, wringing his fingers together as he noticed a girl and a boy also waiting with a parent. The girl had a black X on her neck, while the boy had the same marking he had. Three people walked into the room they were waiting in, all dressed in expensive suits, as one walked towards each of the teens. Since dominants and subs had to come in on their eighteenth birthday to take the placement test, there was never too many to handle.

A tall blond woman was paired with Louis, smiling as she flattened her pencil skirt. "Louis Tomlinson?"

"Yes, that's me." He replied, gripping onto his mothers hand. The woman's smile widened, raising out a hand to shake theirs.

"My name is Elizabeth. Are you excited to take your test?" Louis flushed a bit, playing with his sweater after shaking her hand.

"Yes, I'm very nervous too." She nodded her head in understanding before turning to look at Jay.

"Alright Mrs. Tomlinson, you know the drill. You'll follow me and I'll show you a room to fill out the confirmation on your sons behalf that he came in and took the test today. It's a short thing, nothing to worry about. Once your finished you can come back out here and read or anything else to pass the time until Louis is finished." After she finished her speech she turned around, motioning for the pair to follow her.

As they walked away Louis watched the other two teenagers going in separate directions. It was important that no one took their test in the same room so as to not copy answers off another sheet or get distracted. All tests were required to be honest and personal.

It was only a short walk before Elizabeth opened a door and motioned for Louis' mother to go inside. There were people walking around and sitting at computers in the room, and Jay kissed her sons forehead before joining them inside.

"Alright Louis, if you will just follow me." Elizabeth closed the door and continued down the hallway. "Once you are inside the room you will sit at the desk and notice a sealed packet. You may only open the seal once I leave the room and the door clicks behind me. Once that is done you will answer every question. Half truths do not exist, you must answer everything honestly. If you do not, you are only hurting yourself." Her tone was a bit haunting, and Louis began to shake a bit with nerves. This was his future.

The two finally reached a large metal door that Elizabeth opened with a key. The inside of the room was plain, painted white with a wooden desk in the middle of it. The test could be seen from the hallway.