kiss me

When Harry first saw the challenge on TikTok he didn't even think for a second about doing it himself. He blushed when he read the text on the video: "so this is my best friend, we've been friends for 5 years and recently I realized that I like him as more than a friend, so I decided to go for it and kiss him." And then of course, she kisses him. And he kisses back. Harry liked the video and kept scrolling, unable to stop his heart from swelling in his chest.

The second time he saw the challenge on TikTok, he got the same feeling. This time the text read: "since everybody on here is confessing their feelings I decided to do the same." And Harry thinks damn, how can someone be so casual about that?

And he never really put too much thought into the TikTok's. His account was blank, not having any videos posted or in his drafts, and he wasn't really planning on making any either. It's not like he knew how to dance. And yes, he was funny, but the conversational type of funny not the relatable or chaotic type of funny you need to be TikTok famous. Not that he wanted to be TikTok famous.

But his whole life wasn't just TikTok. Maybe that's why he never put too much thought into the videos. At least, not until Niall invited Harry to another Saturday boys' night to watch the footie game and eat junk food and possibly play some fifa as well. Not until Niall opened the door and Harry could see Louis Tomlinson sitting on the couch behind him.

It's not like he could have forgotten the crush he's had since two years ago, when he met Louis Tomlinson in the cafeteria at school. The same Louis that has become his best friend over the last two years. The same Louis that hasn't been speaking to him since he was invited to sit with his friends on the footie team for lunch at school a few days ago.

Louis might have promised it was only for a few days until their game day that Friday, which has now passed. But Harry didn't really care if it was selfish to be upset, he missed Louis and the boy didn't even send Harry a text those few days. Neither did Harry but he didn't want to be pushy. Or clingy. Or annoying.

So Harry walks in and takes his shoes off, and he thinks Niall says something about going to grab chips and drinks from the kitchen, but he's paying too much attention to his every move to listen close enough. Harry goes over and sits beside Louis, leaving a space on the other side of him for Niall.

"Hey Haz, everything going okay? We haven't hung out in a little while 'ave we?" Louis nudges his arm to direct Harry's attention to him.

"I guess we've both just been a little busy," Harry stops himself from looking at Louis, instead looking at his lap and playing with the rips in his jeans. Louis notices.

"Y'alright, love?" He says in a softer voice.

"Yeah um, just tired is all." And it's not a complete lie. Not really.

"Come have a cuddle then," Louis moves one of his legs around Harry to lay back against the arm of the couch, facing Harry. He opens his arms, "What are you waiting for?"

And, wow. That's not what Harry was expecting. He's not really sure what he was expecting actually. Maybe a closed off Louis that likes the boys from his footie team more than Harry all of a sudden. Or maybe he was expecting Louis to get mad about his attitude being a little off today. He just didn't expect things to go completely back to normal.

Harry doesn't say anything but he pulls his feet up on the couch and pushes himself up to lie down on Louis' chest, curling his legs up to still leave room for Niall at the end of the couch. Louis' warm and welcoming and it's probably the best cuddle he's had in a while. And see, Harry's a cuddly person, so that says a lot.

Harry almost instantly closes his eyes and relaxes in the embrace, forgetting all about the Louis-less lunches at school. A few seconds later Louis is tracing his fingers lightly up and down Harry's arm. Harry would have goosebumps if his touch was anything but a fire ignited at his fingertips.