Chapter 10: Let us answer his call

________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a about five days since Gabiru was sent out to find us some back up and everyone is on edge, yes including me. Why am I worried? Mostly because I'm not sure if Rimuru will remember he can call on me when he needs assistance, it has been almost three months.

All I can do for now is just wait until trouble or one of Rimuru's subordinates come. Currently me and Soaka are taking our break outside before we head back to our post, perfect time for small chat right?

Soaka: "Why won't you give my brother a chance?" she says while laughing.

Vendela: "Oh don't act like you don't know, I could ask you why you never choose anyone from the marriage proposals you get," I say while smirking at her.

Soaka: "Touché... but my brother is brave enough to ask you to your face," she says back.

Vendela: " ...After I said no every time he asks?" I say with a deadpanned expression.

Soake" That just means he's dedicated and I know you like it when he's goofy," she says with a smirk.

Vendela: "Haha very funny but no. He's a nice monster to be around if he lost that giant ego," I respond.

Before she can continue our conversation a soldier comes up to us and  let's us know we are switching. Once we both head back to the chief's side a soldier runs into the room screaming about an intruder wishing to see our chief.

Abiru: "I see, let him inside," he orders.

Soaka: "But chieftain it isn't safe," she says.

Abiru: "I see you both noticed as well," he says while looking at me and Soaka.

Vendela: "Yes, the aura they give off is definitely stronger then the average lizardman soldier," I say.

Soaka: "I doubt even 100 of our best men stand against him," she says a little nervous.

Just then the individual walks into the room slowly to not cause anymore panic. Once they enter I see it's Soei, I notice he looks in my direction for a moment before he goes back to looking at the chieftain.

Soei: "hello, my name is Soei and I have 2 messages from my lord and master," he says.

Noticing he doesn't plan to attack us, the chieftain tells us to lower our weapons.

Abiru: "Very well, what are the messages you bring?" he asks.

Soei: "First, an alliance, my master wishes to join forces with you," he responds.

Abiru: "Alliance? Unfortunately I know nothing concerning your master," he says.

Soei: "My master is known as the great Rimuru Tempest who recently received two requests from the dryads," he says.

Abiru: "From the dryads? Surely?" he asks completely dumbfounded.

Soei: "She informed us of the orc lords existence, she also-," he says but gets cut off.

Soldier: "Impossible! Yeah right Rimuru, I've never heard of him. He sent you here because he's afraid of-," he says but get's cut off as well.

Vendela: "Shut your mouth if you want to keep it, let the man speak," I say while releasing my aura.

Soldier: "Y-Yes lady Vendela," he says while sweating bullets.

Soei: "Thank you my lady. Anyway she also wanted us to bring his friend, Vendela Tempest," he says while looking at me.

All the lizard look at me for a few moment's completely shocked.

Vendela: "I never expected the dryads to ask for me personally but I knew Rimuru would," I say to break the silence.

Soake: "S-So you know this mans master!?" she asks.

Vendela: "Yes, we were named by the same individual after all," I say while winking at the chief.

Abiru: "So you believe he is trust worthy?" he asks.

Vendela: "Yes I do, but I don't know his forces because he didn't have subordinate's when we meet. The decision is up to you chief, either way I will be answering the dryads call," I tell him.

Abiru: "Ok then... would I be able to meet your master to solidify the agreement?" he asks Soei

Soei: "Very well, we will meet you here in seven days time. Are you coming along lady Vendela?" he tells the chief then asks me.

Vendela: "Meet me outside, then we will leave immediately," I tell him.

He just nods in response and walks out. I then turn to the Abiru and Soaka.

Vendela: "I will try to return as soon as possible, don't die on me before then ok?" I ask them with a kind smile.

Soaka: "We wouldn't dream of it," she says while smiling back.

Abiru: "You should get going, wouldn't want the dryads waiting," he says while smiling at me.

Vendela: "Right. Farewell," I say while walking out.

Once I get out I see Soei leaning on a tree nearby.

Soei: "Are you ready my lady?" he asks.

Vendela: "Yes, lets not keep everyone waiting," I say while walking in the direction of the town.

-Status update!-

Name: Vendela Tempest

Species: Dragonewt

Sex: Female

Blessing: Storm crest

Age: 10 years old

Title(s): Dearest daughter of Veldora, Reincarnated, Tail Warrior

Skills: Appraisal, Geo resonance, physical attack resistance, Natural elements resistance, Magic sense, Earth manipulation, Terraforming, Dragon body, Shapeshifter, Thunder breath, self-regeneration, stone scales, Fire breath, Photosynthesis

_______________________________________________________________________________