Chapter 5: Meeting my old man

________________________________________________________________________________

I've been outside of the tribes borders for about 5 hours and I've been keeping at a steady pace that entire time. Let me say right now, the forest areas are so much better then then lizardmen's swamp area, much more lively and beautiful honestly.

The trip so far hasn't been to eventful if I'm not including the sights, but there is something I want to take note of, this place is packed with valuable minerals, crystals, gems, and metals. Due to [Geo sense] I've even become much stronger from just touching the forests soil, it's amazing.

When I was about 2 hours into my trip I decided on something, I'm gonna make my own entrance to my fathers cave.  Now I could just go through the gate, but that has many issues and the main one is that the trail Rimuru ventured down was a month long trip.

So to avoid that and any unnecessary attention I will dig straight to him using [Stone manipulation] and [Nature manipulation] when I'm almost right above his magic signature, speaking of which I believe I'm close enough.

I immediately start digging a path toward the large amount of magicules I feel a personal connection to. The digging took about an hour to be anywhere close to my fathers cave but after a few more minutes of digging I was welcomed into a cave system by a collection of different colored lights coming from the many chunks of magical ores.

My appreciation for the caves coloring was interrupted by a loud voice i knew all to well.

Veldora: "what are you doing in a place like this small one?" His voice booms.

Tail warrior: "I came to meet you actually," I say honestly while turning to face the creature in it's glory.

Veldora: " It seems I don't have to introduce myself, but who are you?" he asks while leaning down to my level.

Tail warrior: " I'm a nameless lizard woman that everyone refers to as Rail warrior, sir" I respond nervously.

Veldora: "hmmm, very well then tail warrior why did you come all this way from the lizardmen's territory to see me?" .

Tail warrior: " Because I wished to ask you a question," I respond slowly .

Veldora: " And what might that be?" he asks curiously.

Tail warrior " Would you acknowledge me as your family!" I ask impatiently with a stray tear rolling down my face.

Veldora stares at me for a few moment's without moving, It seemed like he just realized I was born due to his magicules. Once he finally opens his mouth I tens up while waiting for his answer.

Veldora: " Vendela."

Tail warrior: " W-what?" I ask not quite getting it.

Veldora: " Well I can't have my daughter run around with no name can I, so your name is Vendela!" he yells passionately.

Before I can respond I'm interrupted by a gold aura covering me as well as my [Appraisal] skill giving me a long list of messages:

[Name added: Vendela]

[Beginning evolution]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[Evolution to Dragonewt complete]

[Received storm crest]

[Status has been updated]

Vendela: " Wow, let me see what I look like first..." I say curious.

Once I make it to the underground I could see that my body went through a huge amount of changes, before I just looked like a green skinned lizard with small horns and a tail. After my evolution my Skin is now a more of a watered down yellow color that is covered in actual stone scales that are a light brown color.

My eye color has changed from the usual dark green color to a shiny yellow color and then the two biggest changes, I have wings and silver hair that reaches to the bottom of my shoulder blades, it's kind of curly but at the same time tame.

I also realized my tail is a little longer as well as my snout so I look more like an actual mini dragon now. I seem to be one of those dragonewt's that stick to a more lizard like appearance unlike Soaka and Milim's dragon faithful group.

Once I'm done looking at my self I turn back to my father with a giant smile on my face, one he returns. I fly over to the [Unlimited imprisonment] that my father is trapped in and put my hand on it, my father copies the gesture.

Vendela: "Thank you so much father, I'll make you proud," I say while crying a bit.

Veldora: "Of course my little dragon and just by looking at you now I know you will do great things," he says with a giant smirk on his face that I couldn't help but return.

Vendela: 'Finally... a family I can rely on.'

-Status Update!-

Name: Vendela

Species: Dragonewt

Sex: Female

Blessing: Storm crest

Age: 9 years old

Title(s): Recognized daughter of Veldora, Reincarnated, Tail Warrior

Skills: Appraisal, Geo resonance, physical attack resistance, Natural elements resistance, Magic sense, Earth manipulation, Terraforming, Dragon body, Shapeshifter, Thunder breath, self-regeneration, stone scales, Fire breath

________________________________________________________________________________