Nor

In a city of gangs and corrupt cops, no one is safe, not even the daughter of powerful Dan Sullivan. As danger closes in, Nora's only hope is Wes, her father's right-hand man with a rocky past. But secrets are hard to keep from a crush ...

Link

http://www.wattpad.com/story/19258137-nor-wattpad-featured-thewriteaffair-finalist

Writer:

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Lyana_S

Review/Recap:

The brief summary clues me in the possibility of romance between the two main characters, Nor and Wes. Hey, if they were mentioned in the summary, they will end up together, unless the writer decided to throw in a major plot twist. So, my first thought was, Nor was going to be kidnapped and Wes was going to go Commando and save her. Well, I'm wrong.

I like Nor or Nora. I pictured her in greyscale with colours here and there. It's like she have no feeling, but only the chosen one can see bits of her; like her cousin, Brian. She was introduced as a 16 years old sophomore, losing her mother a year before that, with a crush on Wes, her father's assistant.

Wes was introduced in the story after Nor murdered Contavalli. Both worked together to clean the crime scene and disposed the victim. He came off as young and vibrant with lots of colours. I did not like him at first. Why? Read on.

Pia, a girl Brian likes, introduced Nor to the concept of 'you can divorce anyone'. And so, she divorced Wes. I wish it was that simple.

Glenn.

I like Glenn. More than I like Wes. I have a syndrome of liking the side-hero more than the hero. Now you understand why I did not like Wes when he was introduced, because he was the hero.

The plot was simple. Nor and her father had different views, in almost everything. She thinks he did not love her. I think he did not know how to show it. Especially the buffer of their father-daughter relationship had past away. She joined a group that went against the one her father support. It's a battle of wit I guess, for Nor to keep it a secret and for her father to find out.

Nor and Glenn, they too had different view. I understand where Glenn stood. He was not against it but he won't help either. He likes being ignorance. Ignorance is bliss after all. And Nor could not accept that. It's either you're with it or against it. I think at that point, it's not about the group anymore. More like if you love me, you'll stick with me, even if I'm in the wrong.

Wes on the other hand accepted everything about Nor, even the group. Maybe the group helped Wes to see Nor in a different light. She was no longer the little girl he knew. She was a young adult, already having a cause in her life.

Read it out loud, in monotone. Picture everything in greyscale. It's more interesting that way.