Chapter 15

Sidra and Rue sat quietly in Gabriel's office staring at his back as Gabriel looked outside the window.

"Is there a problem?" Sidra asked finally after a few minutes had passed.

"No, not really." Gabriel replied.

He still didn't turn to face the two girls.

"Alpha, if it is about Carly we assure you we told her nothing." Rue added, terrified.

"Oh, I know." Gabriel replied with a dark chuckle as he finally turned to the girls.

"And, you are right Rue. It is about her."

Gabriel continued.

"I want to thank you both for taking the first steps in accepting her. I understand she is a human and it is very generous of you both to befriend her." He said as he walked to his chair and sat in it, leaning back.

"The reason I have called both of you here is to personally ask you to keep an eye on her."

Sidra looked at Gabriel confused.

"I don't think she'll appreciate us spying on her." She said causing Gabriel to glare at her.

"Well, would you rather please her or me?" Gabriel spat darkly and Sidra cowered,

"You, Alpha." She said quietly, whatever courage she had found disappeared in a second.

Gabriel rolled his eyes in irritation then continued,

"You don't need to report to me with everything but I expect to know everything of magnitude. If she is going somewhere, who she is going with and most importantly, if she ever plans on leaving Fircrest. I care about information. Pretend to be her friends if you need to-"

"We are her friends." Rue finally broke her silence and Gabriel glared for a moment before a smirk played on.

"Of course you are." He said smiling gravely.

"All you have to do is make sure she gets comfortable to you."

"She is comfortable with us." Rue added disgusted.

"Fantastic!" Gabriel clapped his hand with mock excitement,

"You don't have much effort to put then do you?"

Rue and Sidra both had deep frowns on their faces.

On cue a message popped on both of their cell phones in the groupchat they had created earlier at Rue's home.

Just reached home! Thank you for an amazing day! P.S. Do you guys want to grab breakfast tomorrow morning at the diner?' - Carlisia

Sidra and Rue felt disgusted at Gabriel's demand and even more with themselves.

"Oh and also, I will have an eye out as well so if you decide to skimp on information, I'll know." Gabriel added and Sidra pushed bile down her throat.

"Anything else?" Sidra croaked out.

"No, you both may leave."

Sidra and Rue walked out of the pack house to Sidra's car. Rue looked at the message Carlisia had sent then to Sidra.

"What should we do?" Rue whispered and Sidra looked above.

"There is nothing we can do." Sidra replied.

Rue followed Sidra's gaze to see Gabriel looking at them from his window, probably listening.

'Sure!' - Rue

'Meet you guys at the diner!' - Sidra

Carlisia scrolled through Sidra and Rue's message and smiled.

"No phones on the table love." Her mother's voice rang through the room.

"Sorry mum." Carlisia murmured as she placed her cellphone screen side down on the table.

Ben was out for work while Rueben and Elijah had gone to a friend's house after picking her up from Rue and dropping her home. Currently, it was just her and her mom.

"Someone had a social day I see." Her mother joked and Carlisia laughed twirling some spaghetti.

"I made some friends. We are going for breakfast tomorrow morning." Carlisia said and her mom smiled in return.

"Well, I am very happy for you Carlisia. Who are they?"

"Their names are Sidra and Rue. Sidra and I share most of the classes while Rue joins us in history. She's very smart you know and apparently loves history. She was so kind to help Sidra and me with our history paper due the day after tomorrow." Carlisia said almost gushing.

"All in all, today was an amazing day mom. Thank you for forcing me out of that bed."

"I'm happy you enjoyed it." Maria said smiling.

Carlisia nodded as she finished the last of her pasta and grabbed her plate, placing it in the dishwasher.

"When will Ben be back? It's getting pretty late." Carlisia asked as she grabbed some juice and walked back to the table where her mother was still eating dinner.

"I wish I knew. Work is work, I just hope he's eaten something."

Carlisia didn't know what to say but seeing her mother was free and so was she, the only words that came were,

"Do you want to watch a movie?"

Carlisia and Maria enjoyed 'The Hangover' deep into the night, laughing hysterically while being unaware of the eyes peering in from the window.

What do you guys think? I understand its a short chapter but would love some comments!