Chapter 13

Carlisia sat in the hospital chair, it was 11:00 pm.

"Do you feel nauseas?" The middle aged man asked her, his stethoscope dangling around his neck and his name neatly embroidered over his white coat.

Dr. Henry Gerard

"I'm completely fine Dr. Henry." Carlisia replied giving him a small reassuring smile.

She had woken up an hour ago to get an earful from her mother in the hospital bed.

"She has been having trouble sleeping and her blood pressure likely dropped from exhaustion. Is everything fine?" Her mother asked the doctor, her arms crossed over her chest, concern lacing her voice.

Dr. Henry looked at Carlisia and smiled.

"Looking at your vitals, you did have that episode because of exhaustion. I'm assuming you haven't been sleeping for about three days or so?"

Carlisia nodded embarrassed, "Something like that."

"Well high school isn't easy and Maria told me you just moved! Change isn't easy either. Everything else seems to be completely in check and I will prescribe some light sleeping pills to help you be better rested." The doctor said and Carlisia sighed in relief.

"That would be amazing." Carlisia smiled.

"-but, I would really like you to see a therapist."

The smile from Carlisia's face wavered.

"Why?"

"While there isn't anything to be concerned about, but these kind of episodes mostly happen because our mind is overly stressed and since you did admit to not sleeping, we need your mind to be at peace. Sometimes, teenagers like yourself do not feel comfortable venting to family or friends and that is completely understandable, but this isn't exactly healthy and therapy almost always helps with that." Dr. Henry said and Carlisia nodded and looked at her mother.

"We'll find you the best therapist here." Her mother said assuredly and Carlisia nodded.

Seeking help wasn't a bad thing.

As they walked out the hospital and sat in the car, her mother grabbed Carlisia in a tight embrace.

"Please don't scare me like that ever again." She said into her shoulder and Carlisia patted her back not knowing what to say.

"Is it true? Is there anything on your mind that is exhausting you this much?" Her mother asked as they both sat in the hospitals parking lot.

Carlisia gave a fake laugh.

"Of course not mom! I guess I was just overthinking about school and watching Gabriel beat up this guy today just triggered something in me."

"What?" Her mother asked and Carlisia remembered she hadn't told this to her mom.

"Today at school, Gabriel was apparently overseeing my homeroom class and he literally beat up David for no reason out of the blue. It really scared me." Carlisia admitted leaving out the part where Gabriel chased her.

Her mother looked at her concerned.

"Why didn't you tell me early sweetie? Don't you worry baby, I'll go and talk to Gabriel myself." Her mother said, angry at Gabriel.

"No, mom! That would be so weird. This is why I didn't want to tell you. Besides, he is the one who helped me get to the hospital today." Carlisia said and her mom sighed as she finally started the car.

"It just bothers me that you have been here barely a week and this is the second time you have needed a doctor." Her mom said as she rolled the car out of the lot.

"I'll be fine mum, really. No more hospital visits from now on." Carlisia smiled and so did her mom.

Gabriel didn't stay at the hospital. He felt it would be best for Carlisia even though he didn't want to leave.

He stared at his bandaged knuckle, the same one he collided over and over again with the boy's face who dared try to harass his mate.

Sitting in his office, he stared at his laptop, scrolling through pictures that laced his screen.

It was one in the morning and he was hooked.

His little mate loved to share her life on Instagram.

There were around rows and rows of pictures, each more picturesque than the previous. It gave him a glimpse of her life, well in Sydney anyway.

Most of her pictures were with a guy Zane. His blood boiled for a while until he found that he had a girlfriend. It wasn't much assurity but still enough.

Gabriel scrolled through and saw Carlisia in her ravishing cheerleader uniform, summer vacationing with her friends, outings with her dad, days with her uncle, her at parties, her at school, the food she liked, the books she read.

The last post on her Instagram was a black and white picture of a white rose with headstones in the background. It was a month ago, probably when her dad died.

Gabriel sighed as he looked away and laced his fingers together, resting his chin over them.

Gabriel's ears perked up at the sound of footsteps and he leaned back in his chair.

On cue the door opened.

"Don't you have to be home today Reuben?"

"What happened at school today?" Reuben demanded and Gabriel sighed.

"I don't think I need to explain to you why I beat the shit out of David -" Gabriel began to say but Reuben cut him off.

"Oh, that's something I really don't care about. Maria told me that Carlisia came home slathered in dirt, as if someone tackled her."

Gabriel raised an eyebrow,

"I don't think I need to explain that to you either."

"I really want to help you Gabriel. But trust me when I say this, you aren't helping yourself. You are lucky she isn't telling anyone or better yet, not filing for a restraining order." Reuben said and Gabriel glared at him before a smirk played on his lips.

"No one will dare process a restraining order against me."

"That's not the point and you know it! Give her some space. Try to let her warm up to you. Get her chocolates or whatever, I don't know! Just stop doing what you are doing right now. The doctors are making her go to therapy, its affecting her that much!" Reuben finished with a sigh.

Gabriel was quiet. He didn't know that.

"And how do you know that?" Gabriel demanded, his jaw clenching.

"How the hell do you think? Maria is distressed." Reuben replied and Gabriel looked away, causing the other boy to sigh.

"I think of you as a friend Gabriel and I'm telling you this as one, try being nice to her and not this. I get it, she's your mate and I'm pretty sure if she was a wolf she would feel the things you feel but she's a human and that's how things are and you need to deal with it." Reuben said softly.

Gabriel didn't respond as he stared into nothingness.

"I'm going home. Carlisia might come to school tomorrow, do a favor and don't come for a few days, let her make some friends. No one even talks to her because you." Reuben said as he left the office and closed the door behind him.

Gabriel looked at the screen once more.

Looking at the pictures, Gabriel could see Carlisia was a social girl.

Sighing, he closed the laptop.

He knew what to do.

Hi everyone! Sorry for making you all wait for the update. I hope you all are enjoying the story and like where this is going. I would really appreciate it if you all could comment how you want it go, your ideas, or in general what you would enjoy reading.

Thank you for all the love so far and all the comments. I really appreciate it!