Part 8

Christian

Cooking with her was fun. Not a laugh out loud, adrenaline pumping kind of fun. But, fun. 

I can't fully explain it using words, but when I'm around her, I feel like the world around my could be collapsing and I wouldn't even realize. That's just how she is. Interesting to the point where you could become completely absorbed in what she was saying or doing, and forget that an outside world existed. Wow, and now I'm sounding like a creepy stalker that's obsessed with her. 

Well, only that first part is false.

I'd always admired her, even when we were younger. She was always smart, learning new, long words that made her sound older. I may tease her, a lot, but I do find myself looking up to her in a sense. Her strength, imagination and vision is admirable, all of which I wish were traits of my own.

Anyway, dinner itself was... humorous? While Kat was analyzing the every move I made, Lera only avoided my eye contact. Like I said, it's not like she can keep that going forever. She'll crack someday, I'll make sure of it. 

After dinner, me and Noah sat around playing cards, but all I could think about was her. The way she tried not to smile when we were together, how easily she was frazzled by my sudden movements. Everything about her is breathtaking and intriguing, and I can't make myself stop thinking about her, even if I truly wanted to.

I found myself thinking over the last few days as I roll over in bed again. I've been lying awake for what seems like forever, with too many thoughts running through my mind. With a sigh, I turn over again and look at my phone. Its bright light almost blinds me, but I manage to make out the time. It's 1:30, still a whole 5 hours until I normally get up. I let out a deep sigh after locking my phone again, the bed creaking softly as I fall back into it. 

I hear Noah groan from across the room at the sudden sound before he too sits up and squints his eyes in my direction.

"You right bro?" he asks, rubbing his eyes slowly.

"Yeah I'm good, sorry for waking you, I just can't sleep." I reply, running a hand through my messy hair as I speak.

"Why?"

I stay quiet, looking up at the roof before I find the words to reply.

"Just thinking."

Noah scoffs, swinging his legs so he's now sitting up.

"About her."

Now it's my turn to scoff. I roll my eyes, mirroring him so we're both sitting up, staring at each other from across the room. The longer his questions sits in the air unanswered, the harder his stare becomes.

"Not about her." We both know I'm lying. 

"Okay fine, maybe about her."

Noah's deep laugh echoes around our room.

"You're easier to read than a children's picture book." he says, throwing his head back at his own joke. 

"Oh fuck off, I am not," I reply, throwing my pillow at his face. 

"Hate to break it to you, but when it comes to my sister, you are."

I stay silent at this. Am I that obvious?

The room only stays silent for a minute, Noah voice filling the silence. 

"So what are you going to do about it?"

I throw him a confused look.

"Do about what?"

Noah throws his arms out in a 'duh' tone before explaining.