Is it that surprising?

Vihaan Roy

"Vihaan...the shimmer collection which was launched last month was a major hit! I think we should hold a success party." Dad said as he sat across me.

"Yess.. I mean if that is what you want. You know I don't look into these social things of the company. It is your's and mom's work." I said shrugging.

He just rolled his eyes at me.
"You just give your family some time too." Dad said sternly.

I just looked at him sighing.
I was going to tell him off when I remembered Navya's words,

I don't need someone who takes me for granted.

"I'll try, Dad. But no promises." I said and a huge smile broke on his face.

"Your mom is going to be elated to hear this." He said still smiling.

"You're happy because mom will be happy and not for you." I asked confused.

"That's how it is once you get married. This is a lesson for you, Always put your wife before you." He said chuckling and left.

And that reminded me of my plan of getting married by 29.

It seems absurd, now.

I don't know why, since the day Navya has left me the thought of getting married has also left my mind.

I just can't see myself getting married anymore!

I just shook my head & concentrated on my work.

"Dude, I heard you Dad's is throwing a party." Raj said excited as he entered.

"How do you even earn money if you just keep on barging in my cabin." I said irritated.

"Ohh! I know you love me!" Mayank said from behind him.

They both are business partners and own their own textile business.

"I don't know anything about the party. Go talk to dad about it." I said

"Yeah! I talked to him. He is soo excited at this age too and look at you. Grumpy old man." Raj said.

"Get lost." I said not bothering looking up.

"Ohh navya, you did not knock?" I heard Mayank say and I snapped my head towards the door immediately.

And they both started laughing because guess what?

There was no navya at the door!

"There was a time when I used to see you with creases on your forhead when you used to hear her name. And look at you now eager to see her, huh!" Mayank said teasing me.

"Why does everyone think like this? I had that reaction because she used to poke me for the whole day. Not because I didn't want her in my life, damn it!" I yelled at them frustrated.

They just shook their head and left.
Just then the intercom started buzzing.
"Yess!" I literally barked on the call.

"Can you not say hello like normal people do?" I heard Navya on the other side and my lips curved up slightly.

Very slightly!

"What is the matter?" I asked her in a civil way this time.

"I need to see Vihaan right now!" Someone yelled from behind.