Confidence, huh!

Vihaan Roy

"Have you decided anything regarding Navya?" Akshit asked sitting across me.

"What do I have to decide?" I asked focusing on my laptop.

"What to you feel about her? Do you see her with yourself or not? Do you even want to have her back?" Akshit asked all these.

"I am just trying to protect her here because everyone is on your side saying you have feelings for her & stuff. But I want to know if you are willing to change for her." He said in a serious tone.

"You're my younger brother so behave like one." I said glaring at him.

"It doesn't matter if I see her with me or not. What matters is can I change for her? I'll have to improve myself to even approach her first. So, currently I just know that I have to work on myself." I said.

"What if someone takes her away while you're busy working on yourself?" Mayank asked.

"Who will? I know she still feels for me." I said overconfidently.

"That's where you've been wrong. You were always overconfident that she won't leave you but she did. And now, what if she actually finds someone who is willing to give her everything she deserves?" Raj asked.

"Can you guys stop talking about this. I've made it very clear that currently I don't want to do anything with her. I told you, I was toxic she doesn't deserve that. I need to get better." I said sighing.

"You can do that while being with her or atleast after telling her that you want to be with her." Akshit suggested.

"What if I fail again?" I said.

"Then get ready to see her in someone else's arms because the advertisement guy you told about is not just her childhood friend but her ex too." Mayank said shrugging.

I looked at him bored.
"She never felt anything for him." I said

"But he can keep her happy because he is crazily in love with her." Mayank said.

"I have work to do! Can you guys stop talking about Navya?" I yelled and they all shrugged.

Just then someone knocked on my door and I told that person to come in.

Navya walked in wearing a pink jumpsuit looking as stunning as ever!

"I'm done with the designs, Sir." She said with her head hung low.

"You'll can leave." I said to them in a stern voice and they left giving me teasing glances.

"Present them. I'll ask Ranvir to arrange a meeting this afternoon." I said and she just nodded still looking down.

What's wrong with her?

"Ms.Agnihotri, I need words." I said in a sharp tone.

"Yess sir." She said still not looking at me.

I got up from my seat and walked towards her. Holding her chin I made her look up at me,

"Is there something on my face?" I asked in the same sharp tone.

"No." She replied immediately.

"Then why are you looking around everywhere except for me?" I asked still holding her chin.

Those lips!
I want to devour them.

She took a deep breath and said,
"I'm sorry for last night."

"You're sorry for?" I asked her amused.

"For talking shit. I was drunk and I get emotional when I get drunk. I am just— she started blabbering but I shushed her by keeping my finger on her lips.

"I'm going to accept if you stop being reckless. You can't just dance with random strangers." I said.

"Well that's none of your business." She said pushing away my finger.

"I am dead serious!" I said holding her wrist.

I would kill the person who lays hand on her!

"I don't care! Why should I listen to you?" She said rolling her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." I said glaring at her.

"Then stop ordering me around. I'm not your girlfriend anymore. Ohh when I was your girlfriend you never cared. Why sudden change?" She asked mocking me.

"I didn't care for you? I know I never gave you time but I always cared for you. Believe it or not, but I did." I said and she left my hand harshly and walked out of my cabin.

I just threw my pen stand agressively and started working again.

Arrrghh!
Why do I keep thinking about her?

It was already noon and Ranvir came in my cabin saying,
"Sir, everyone's waiting in the conference room for Ms. Agnihotri's presentation." He said and I just nodded at him.

I got up buttoning my suit and taking my phone I left for the conference room. When I entered everyone stood up from their chairs and I just nodded at them.

I gestured her to start the presentation which she did.

She was quite distracting me.

She was showing her first design while explaining what kind of fabric and stones should be used in it.

And I was busy looking at her!

It was not like I didn't pay attention to her design. It was quite good.

Impressive...

But ofcourse she looked more alluring than those designs.

So, who was I focusing more on?
Obviously her!

She changed the design and her presentation went on with just me trying to pay attention on her design.

In which I failed miserably.

"These are the designs, I've prepared with. You can choose whichever design you think is more appropriate for the theme." She said looking straight at me.

Confidence, huh!

"Send me the designs so I'll have a look at it. All are good, though. You're team can decide what you want to work on according to the availaibility of the materials because we have really less time." I said standing up from my chair and everyone looked at me shocked.

Why you may ask?

For the first time, I've approved all the designs prepared by the designer and on the top of that the meeting finsihed without me yelling on the presentee.

Because, I was busy duh!
But her designs are really impressive.