I spoiled her life?

Vihaan Roy

After getting myself together I got back home in an hour or so.
The moment I entered I started calling for Navya.

"Navya." I called but she didn't reply.
I checked the kitchen, balcony but she was nowhere.

This girl!

I opened her room door and called her
"Navya."

That was when my eyes fell on her bed.
There were lots of boxes on the bed and paper.

Is this what I think it is?

I walked towards her bed and picked the boxes to see that they were the gifts I gave her. Bracelet, necklace, watch and everything.

Yaar Navya, No!
You can't do this!

I opened the paper and it read,

        I am leaving all your expensive gifts over here, so that you know that I was never with you because you have money. I was with you because I wanted all of you. I did accept you with all your flaws.
When I heard those things from you I knew you don't value me. I thought you cared for me. You don't show but you do. Seems like I was living in my imaginary world for these 2 years. I was waiting for the day when you would realise my importance but I guess the day was never going to come.
    Sorry to spoil your plan of getting married by 29. But I know you would definitely find someone to get married. You won't spoil your plans. I feel stupid for believing that you might change. Now enjoy your freedom. I won't irritate you hence forth.

Damn you, Navya!
I threw all the gifts on the floor angrily and got my phone out of my pocket to call her.

She blocked my number!

Frustrated I threw the phone on her bed.
I called Raj.

"You know where she is." I said the moment he answered his phone.

"I know. And what makes you think I will tell you?" He said and I sighed frustratedly.

He would die rather telling me about her whereabouts!

"Raj, please." I said desperately wanting to reach her.

Why am I this desperate?

"Oh my god. Did I hear you pleading? Not going to work. I am sorry, you are my best friend and I would do anything for you but I am not letting you spoil her life again." He said and hung up.

I spoiled her life?
I thought she was happy!

I called Mayank and he answered in a second.
"Mayank, I need your help." I said and he sighed.

"I know you want to know about Navya's whereabouts but Vihaan I suggest you don't go after her right now. She might be really angry." He said.

"She can't just leave me like that because I don't give her enough time." I said frustrated.

"I'm sending Niya & Akshit to you. They might help you in knowing why did she leave you." He said and hung up.

We could talk about it!

As if you had time.
My conscience mocked.

After a few minutes Akshit & Niya arrived.
"Do you want to get her back?" Akshit asked getting to the point.

"Is that even a question?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Why?" Niya asked and I just looked at her speechless.

"Do you have a reason to get her back?" She asked.

"She is my girlfriend. Isn't that reason enough?" I said irritated.

"No. That reason is not enough. Because I don't want her adjusting for you for her whole life." She said.

"I know I was not giving her time, I didn't pick her calls and It was really rude of me to say that she irritates me. But, that doesn't mean she just leaves me like that." I said trying to explain her.

"Okay. Now I will tell you all the reasons of her leaving and then you decide if it was right or wrong." Niya said.

"For how long did you guys talk in a day?" She asked.

"In the morning while breakfast and then directly dinner but usually I have work so we didn't talk." I said and Akshit looked at me giving me a look which clearly said You-are-an-asshole.

"When was the last time you guys went out together?" She asked.

"I don't remember maybe 6 months ago." I said and Akshit's eyes widened as if he saw a ghost.

"You cannot be serious." He said shocked.

"Why did she even put up with you for whole 2 years?" Niya asked sighing.

"Because, we were committed to each other. I used to gift her things, I used to talk to her whenever I had time. It is not like we never talked. I gave her space. What more does a girl want?I said.

"She never wanted space. I know her since years. I know that she is soo bubbly and cheerful all the time. She lost her smile in these 2 years. All her life was revolving around you. On making you smile looking at her." Niya yelled.

"She wanted someone she could live each & every moment with. While with you she was just existing." Niya said and reality hit me hard.

With me she was just existing.

I ditched her on numerous dates, I didn't even compliment her when she used to cook my favourite things, I didn't give her even a second glance when she used to be all dressed up, probably the last time we had sex was when I was frustrated because of work as hell and just wanted to take it all out.
That too it was her who initiated it.

Great!

That is when I remembered her words,
What right did you do?

"Give yourself time and think about it. Think if you really want her back or not. And if you want then make sure you want her because you feel incomplete without her and not because you want someone in your life." Akshit said patting my shoulder.

"You meant a lot to her. Hearing all those things would have broke her down, Vihaan. If you just want to get married to someone because you want a planned life then please leave her alone." Niya said with a pleading look in her eyes and I just nodded.

I was too bad, I guess.