31 | final words

3 am call

i'll still wait for that 3 am call even if it was 10 years ago when you had promised me you'd call back. everyone has a busy life, some more than the others. maybe you're way too busy and way too caught up with the things at hand. and i totally understand that darling. take your time. my telephone will still await your call, regardless of whether i exist or not. cause, it has felt our love, out bond and the beauty of it. it too, wants that love, but how crazy it is, to expect that only from you. baby, you're that much special for me. even the old radio has lost its tape, without your very presence, all the things in a place i call home are dead, without your very love. they're patient as the stars, moon and the sun. it'll all start with that old tring tring call and all will blossom once again, it'll feel your love; our love will bathe in that sunshine. your presence and your voice has that much effect over it all and i will still be waiting, till the end of this world just to hug you tight and never let you go. i wish that was possible. but it all seems an illusion now.

i lift my pen off the paper, with a soft sigh of satisfaction. it's my goodbye letter, and i only wish i could stay. i wrap it in the envelope on the table, putting my signature wax seal that reads, "with loads of love, a friend".

it brings a small smile on my face, but it doesn't last long; memories of good, warm and cozy days stop me at my tracks. it was all so beautiful, why did it ever have to end? i shake my head as tears roll down my face.

it was too much for me to hold on. too much for me to hold myself back now. and so, i let them out. i cried hard. i cried bawling my eyes out, letting go of all the emotions that had been suppressed, the unrequited love, unspoken words and everything.

i didn't realise i was sitting at the floor right now, and having no idea for how long i was lost in my emotions. i stand up as my legs wobble a bit, feeling numb. wow, must've been quite long.

i walk to the backyard and towards the mailbox. i open and check if there was a letter from you. finding none, a heavy feeling sets me down, but, i shake it as i drop the mail inside it.

walking back to my room, i am suddenly wrapped and tugged at from behind. fear bolts through me and i try hard to push the person back. i turn towards the person, and surprise etches itself across my face.

"you- you are here?" i ask you, as i am still trying to process what happened.

you nod your head with a smile, and bring forth the daisies decorated beautifully in the bouquet.

"so you remember me, huh?" i ask, with my hands on hips.

"of course, i do" you pause, the smile on your face is faltering before you continue, "i came here to wish you strength to move forward, love. i wish i could do more." you said with a soft sigh.

"idiot!" i say and wrap my hands firmly around you.

the letter remains forgotten as we sip our tea, pouring our stories while the birds are chirping in the backyard.

- the end -