10.

CHAPTER TEN: DESIRE

CHAPTER TEN: DESIRE

"Give me that rush
I want to show you what you've been missing
Am I enough
to keep your other lovers hidden?
Where are you taking me
I can't be blamed
I want you to want me again
Is it desire?"

- - -

Just as quickly as she kissed him, Eden pulled away.

Day one after the kiss was slightly awkward, with mere hits and misses on avoiding each other. Eden walked right into Isaac's chest the next day as he exited the shower, her fingers lingering against his skin for what she thought was a few seconds to long. In Isaac's mind it was a few seconds too short.

Day two, the two barely spoke. They held conversation about what to eat, where to go, what movie to watch, what song to play during the car ride. Yet, they never exactly spoke more than they should. Eden spent most of her time inside her own mind, worrying if she made a mistake kissing Isaac, although she didn't mind doing it again. Did she mess up, lead him on and make him think she was just some girl who wanted to move on from Stiles?

Isaac spent the time listening to Eden's heartbeat, noticing when it would accelerate and he couldn't exactly tell why or what she was thinking. By the end of the day, he was sure she wasn't thinking about him.

Day three was filled with awkward pauses as they danced around each other to leave to the next city. The trip had been moving a bit faster at this point, as the duo were about to make their way to Cannes for the library there. There was a city en route, Toulon. Isaac managed to break himself from a reverie to convince Eden for them to stop there. They were making progress on her looking for history, which Eden agreed they had been moving rather quickly. The duo decided to stop at the city, checking into a hotel for the night. One night bled into two, two into four. They moved in hazes, slowly coming out of them only to be thrust back into an awkward phase when they got too close to each other or one made a comment that could tumble into a sexual innuendo. At this point, neither one of them actually kept track of the days since they all blended.

By day five, Isaac had enough.

"Three weeks."

Eden squinted her eyes as she peered up from the Argent history book. In usual study mode, she looked up with a piece of licorice candy between her teeth and lips. "Huh?"

Isaac fought all urge to not look at her lips. "We've been on the road for three weeks."

"Have we really?" Eden asked, eyebrow raised. The brunette picked up her phone and scrolled through the dates. "Wow. We really fucking have—"

"Yeah, three weeks and all it took was one to put it back to the boring trip it started out as." Isaac huffed and ran this fingers through his hair. "I've seen you give the books more attention than you give me."