07.

CHAPTER SEVEN: COMPETITION

"I say it once, you say it twice
You know I like a little competition from time to time
You think I'm wrong, I know I'm right
You know this ain't no kind of competition
I like a man with ambition
Oh when are you gonna know
It's time to let go
Cause I think I'm 'bout to lose my mind"

- - -

Eden didn't say much as her and Isaac got off the train. He asked about Stiles, which made her blood boil. Eden wouldn't openly admit it but he was a nice factor on why she even escaped to France for a while. Isaac tried to keep up with conversation, maybe she should have answered but she was simply annoyed by the name.

The pair landed at Hotel ibis Toulouse Centre, a hotel not too far away from the city's centre. The room was a little less extravagant than the last hotel they stayed, after all Isaac had to comp this hotel stay. The stay damn near drained his pocket but he was sure he had something left in his savings that he never touched. "Canal de Brienne."

"Excuse me?"

Isaac looked down at his hands. "I was thinking we'd see the Canal de Brienne. It's really nice. I've only seen it in pictures on Google on the way here."

Eden nodded. "Okay. Canal de Brienne it is. Maybe we can get food on the way back."

"We can stop at a restaurant" Isaac added. Eden's dark eyes met his bright ones. The taller boy only slumped a bit. "Come on! Live a little! Enjoy this life and this trip!" He wasn't exactly sure why, but he felt like he was fighting a losing battle against Eden ever since earlier in the day.

"I am enjoying it! Despite the whole Bordeaux fiasco, I am enjoying the trip."

Isaac scoffed. "Bullshit. I say we go out tonight. We go and we see things and we go get dinner and I say we should be teenagers who are parading around in France thinking their fucking adults."

Eden had no other words to speak. "Fine."

"Good." Isaac nodded once before shoving his hands into his pockets. "Get dressed, we're going out. Put on a nice dress or something, I'm sure you have one."

The Latina squinted. "And if I don't...?"

"Then you'd be the first girl I've met that didn't do dresses or skirts. However..." he paused, letting his blue eyes scan over the girl who hadn't spoken too many words to him lately. "I'm sure a girl like you has a dress."

- - -

Dressed in a navy blue dress that stopped mid-thigh with lace across the chest and down the sleeves, black heels and her hair in loose waves compared to the usual straight she kept her in, Isaac felt his mouth dry every time his blue orbs landed on her frame. The curiosity that ran through his brain when it came to her, was her tanned skin as smooth as it looked? Were her lips as soft as they seemed when they weren't spewing sarcastic things at him?