14.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: WILDEST DREAMS

"He's so tall and handsome as hell
He's so bad but he does it so well
And when we had our very last kiss
My last request is...
Say you'll remember me,
Standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset babe
Red lips and rosy cheeks,
Say you'll see me again
Even if its just in your wildest dreams..."

- - -

France was exactly what Eden needed. Suitcases a bit heavier thanks to books she gathered along the way, clothes she shouldn't have bought but did because in her words 'hello, I'm in France! I have to take advantage of the fashion and designs here!' Along with heavier suitcases, right now, the Latina had a heavy heart.

Leaving Cannes, France also meant leaving the man who irked every single nerve and igniting them like live wire with just a simple touch. It meant leaving Isaac Lahey behind.

It's something that needed to be done, because unfortunately, her life was in Beacon Hills now and his remained in Europe where he was free from feeling like the kiss of death.

The two sat in the airport, Eden's head resting peacefully against Isaac's shoulder. Her breathing was slow and shallow, eyes closed as she tried to keep her emotions in check. Emotions made you weak, they made you do things you never thought of doing.

Like helping werewolves.

Like latching onto a small Beta wolf because you platonically love him as far as the galaxy spreads.

Like help end a dead pool.

Like fall for a human with eyes kind and ever changing, sarcasm that seeps from their tongue like venom, walls as high as yours and attachment to women with Strawberry Blonde hair or eyes that glow a brilliant blue but he still looks at you as if you're the sun and the stars and you believe it and fall for it.

Like run to France because you still like said human boy who broke your heart due to feeling emotions and it hurts to look at him.

Like meet a beautiful, blue eyed Beta who makes your skin crawl and then see how much you and him are two parallel lines meant to eventually close in and meet and when the lines do, it's perfect and it's annoying but you don't want it to end.

Like sit in an airport and remember you have to go back to a place you now call home and not want to leave the embrace of the beautiful, blue eyed Beta sitting next to you.

Emotions suck.

"You never told me how you knew those two guys that we ran from the first night we met..." Eden mumbled, letting her eyes of brown keep their gaze locked on the way her fingers curled around his. "I feel like we came this far and I still don't know how you knew those two skeevy guys from the very first night we met at that horrible club."