11.

CHAPTER ELEVEN: RUMOR HAS IT/SOMEONE LIKE YOU

"She is a stranger
You and I have history or don't you remember?
Sure she's got it all
But baby is that really what you want?
I heard that your dreams came true
Guess [he] gave you things, I didn't give to you
Nevermind I'll find someone like you
I wish you nothing but the best for you too

Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead..."

- - -

Stretching in bed as the sunlight hit her eyes, there was a weight across her waist. Night number five this way. Days spent loving every moment of being free teens living life in France. Eden's smile would reach her eyes, something she hasn't done in quite some time. Isaac would make sure it stayed that way, often cracking a smile himself. Their afternoons were spent eating fine French food they could afford, attempting to decode French words and streets they couldn't pronounce. Nights were made for hotel rooms. Starting off innocent with a bit of room service dinner; searching through television guides for something to watch, only to be annoyed if it was either French dubbed or English subtitled which meant they had to read—that was more Isaac's complaint than hers, to be quite frank—and laying in bed. His hands would weave their way through her naturally wavy locks, eyes of blue peering down at her with a want she couldn't see at first. The movements of his fingers through her hair was something like magic, something to lull her close to sleep before she'd feel his soft lips against her forehead. Then they'd travel down the bridge of her nose, the very tip of her nose before landing completely and effortlessly to her lips.

Innocence quickly dissolving into tangled fingertips in hair, muffled moans from mouths connected so tightly it's hard to tell which mouth it came from. Clothes scattered, names called, scratches and light bite marks of the human kind made on skin. It became a cycle, something the two could expect and live like breathing.

The trip would be ending soon, in about a week and a half or at most two weeks from this current moment.

After a shower and finding a note from Isaac that while she had showered, he got up from bed himself and decided to find some kind of good food for breakfast for them that wasn't from the hotel. As it said verbatim in the note, 'the food is decent but I kind of want good shit. My stomach is kind of paying the price and it's not sexy to fart in bed with a hot chick. I don't know if that's a real rule, but I feel like its something I should abide by.'

So, here sat the huntress in one of Isaac's white tees she's stolen and slept in for nights on end, staring at a computer screen, wondering if she should call the one person she didn't want to. Eden's finger hovered over the call button, but she couldn't let him dictate her life, her running from the world as Isaac often said. She knew he was right, God he was so fuckin' right, but it's the whole point, the whole idea that he hurt her. Isaac would never understand that. But she had to be strong, because women are leaders, the strongest of their bloodlines and because of that, she needed to make sure that she had a backbone.