09.

CHAPTER NINE: KISS ME

"Yeah I've been feeling everything
From hate to love
From love to lust
From lust to truth
I guess that's how I know you
So I hold you close to help you give it up

So kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved
You wanna be loved..."

- - -

"Do you want to stay out of this library?" Eden asked with a smirk. Isaac just sneered. "Just saying, last library you tried to come with me to, didn't end up too well."

Isaac scoffed. "I'll stay safe and stay in the car."

The duo stayed in Marseille for entirely too long, at least that's what Eden would say. After the Fourth of July, Isaac and Eden took in more sights, ultimately not going to the library as she had planned. This was day four in the city, which she finally decided no matter how much Isaac would whine or make jokes or call her all sorts of losers and lame-o's, she was going to go to the library and get the information she ultimately needed to know. Once she entered the library, her eyes scanned the racks and racks of books before drifting over to a smaller section. The librarian eyed her, wondering if she belonged there but after speaking the code in French—albeit, probably the only thing she definitely knows how to say perfectly without second guessing herself—the man nodded and allowed her to go through the smaller section of stacks.

The books were leather bound, the feeling of the smooth yet taut cover reminding her of the feeling underneath her fingertips of Isaac's leather jacket. He said he's had it since his sophomore year of high school, when his hair was a bit more shaggy and curly when he had taken the bite. Isaac doesn't wear it much more these days, trading in his American leather for different fabric jackets, but Eden can recall twice—not counting when they officially met—that he's worn that jacket in her presence.

Eden can also recall twice how she's gripped onto the jacket and felt herself desperately wanting to kiss his lips because it looked perfect on him.

Engraved in perfect silver cursive hand writing, obviously aged, her fingers traced the words on the leather bound book.

l'histoire d'Plata

Her hands began to shake as she saw the second book placed next to the Plata history book. "Excuse me sir, how many of these books am I allowed to take?"

"Only one. They are hard to find unless they can be bought or belong to a family member..." the man spoke in English, French accent blaring through his speech. Eden's eyes bounced between books as she chewed on her lip.

- - -

Isaac stood, leaning against the rental car with a bracelet of Allison's between his fingers, letting the fabric of a flimsy yarn like bracelet twirl between his digits. While with Eden, he found himself not thinking of the deceased huntress' smile, but found himself thinking of ways to make the huntress he was traveling with smile. Shoving the bracelet into his jacket pocket, his fingers grazed across something else. A simple black hair tie that belonged to Eden.