05.

CHAPTER FIVE: WHO ARE YOU REALLY?

"Who, who are you really?
And where, where are you going?
I've got nothing left to prove
Cause I've got nothing left to lose
See me bare my teeth for you
Who, who are you?"

- - -

Eden felt the calm serene air of Beacon Hills, the one where it didn't feel like she had to worry about anything. There were no dead pools, no hunting, no worries about saving her friends. Inhaling the cool breeze, the Latina felt at home, safe. The first time she's felt that way in forever.

"Eden!" she heard, voice ringing in her ears loudly. With quickness, she turned, face stoic. Of course even in the one place she knew she could escape him, he'd be here. "Eden, I've been looking all over for you."

"Why, Stiles? You don't need me." The words were curt and short. Stiles began to say something when his eyes shifted from her face to her right. An arm wrapped around her shoulder, pulling her close with a familiar chuckle. The tension in her body seemingly melted away. His lips pressing a soft kiss to her temple.

Stiles shifted in his stance, moving his weight from his right to his left. "Why is he here? Why is he near you?"

"Seems like you let a good one go..." Isaac spoke, Eden looking up at him with admiration. "France isn't Vegas, what happened there, came here and you my friend, lost out on a great girl."

"Eden, please."

"Hey..." Isaac spoke softly, his finger hooking underneath Eden's chin as she sighed contently. His lips met hers, the kiss sweet yet sparks feeling fire hot, even in a dream."It's you and I, right?" Isaac whispered as he leaned his forehead against hers.

Stiles shook his head and grabbed hold of Eden's hand, making her look at him with fierceness."Eden, you don't understand, there's something you need to know about Isaac."

"How do you know his name, Stiles?"

- - -

"Having fun?"

The sound of her voice broke him from his reverie of simpler times, when his father wasn't abusive and his mother hadn't left yet. He remembered times with his brother, Camden and the way they'd play games until it was time for dinner which always kept the boy close. When he wasn't thinking about them, Isaac spent time thinking of how different things would be if he wasn't the angel of death. How Erica and Boyd probably would have ended up together thanks to the millions of things they had in common. How Allison would still be alive and he didn't have to sulk into dreams to see her face or hear her voice. Her voice like he heard now.

"A bit. Can't have too much fun when you're no fully fluent in the language, now can you?" Isaac laughed as he watched the dimples he's never forgotten appear on Allison's face as she took a seat next to him. The scenery was beautiful, it was Beacon Hills. Quiet, serene, Beacon Hills.