04.

CHAPTER FOUR: WHERE DID THE PARTY GO?

"I don't believe a word you say
but I can't stop listening.
This is the story of how they met,
her picture was on the back of a pack of cigarettes
and when she touched him, he turned ruby red
A story that they'll never forget, never forget..."

- - -

Eyes opening, the feeling of the wheels turning underneath her, Eden felt the familiar burn of her eyes. Her vision was hazy as she began to blink away the feeling of sleep from her vision. Her body was slightly slanted, leaning against another torso. What the hell happened? Leather underneath her fingertips, jeans that didn't belong to her. Eden's memory felt like one big jumbled puzzle before feeling a large hand on her shoulder. The brunette jumped from her position, looking over at a slightly startled boy. Her breathing evened out before her vision allowed her to see clearly at his face.

Isaac.

All the memories from just a short hour ago flooded her brain before exhaling and clutching her chest. "Jesus Christ I almost died of a heart attack..." the Latina mumbled. "How long was I asleep?"

"Close to an hour." Isaac simply shrugged. "I also decided to take a small detour. You passed out as soon as we got into the cab after I gave directions to get my belongings. I got my stuff and put it in the trunk and told the kind driver to take us to a train station instead of sitting in a cab for about six hours."

Eden's eyes widened. "Six hours? That's like driving from New York to Boston basically."

"Which is why we're going to take the rail. Cuts the time in half. Instead of six hours, we'll be there in three hours, give or take twenty minutes." Just as Isaac stopped speaking the can came to a halt, the duo right outside of a train station. Eden continued to blink as Isaac handed over a few Euros to pay for the cab ride before looking over at Eden. "I paid for the cab ride, you got the tickets."

Suddenly Eden remembered why she was hesitant on going anywhere with Isaac. "Jackass. Fine."

The duo climbed out of the cab, grabbing their bags and things. As Isaac paid for the cab, mumbling a French thank you to the driver, Eden quickly checked her account to see how much money Chris had deposited into her account quickly avoided Liam's text. It's not that she didn't want to answer him, she didn't want Isaac to see another guy's name in protection of the young Beta. once she saw her funds were very well replenished thanks to Chris, the young Latina bought the train tickets for her and Isaac, which lead to the two barreling down to their train before it left. Once the two sat down in seats, sitting across from each other at window seats.

"This is the first time I'm actually leaving Paris in itself..." Isaac spoke lowly. Pools of tantalizing blue shone brightly, the fading sunlight hitting the pupils as Eden took a second to inspect his eyes. Ever since she had become a hunter—and even more so, just a simple girl—she's learned the eyes were the window to the soul. Navy flecks swam in the hues of blue that were his eyes and the second those blues met her brown ones, Eden smiled sweetly despite having to pay for his very first trip out of Paris. "I didn't think I'd actually leave here."